goldenticket

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

See y'all tonight. Dinner after?

P.S. I have a full trunk of food donations from my congregation. Anyone there 2 minutes early to lend a hand unloading would be well appreciated.

See you there. Dinner after sounds good. Metro willing, I should be there a few minutes early to help you unload.

A BIG thanks to laniloa, mdt, Rovers2000, and especially DanielK for coming out in the cold to do tough labor today! We peeled, halved, and scooped seeds out of butternut squash, plus peel corn husks and break them in half, plus play with their vacuum-sealer machine.

I am feeling the hard work with nice joint aches, but well worth it. Come join us next month!!!

Is there another night planned at this point? If not, I shall sign myself and a friend up for a shift directly with DCCK - but I really enjoyed going down there with a group a few months ago.

The calendar on the main forum page says 1/28, but goodeats and/or DanielK should be able to confirm or deny. :angry:

1/28 is correct. My new (as of December) policy is to refresh the topic 2 weeks before the event, and close registration (and give back unused spaces) 7 days before the event.

But, since you brought it up, feel free to post here or PM if you're in for the 28th.

1/28 is correct. My new (as of December) policy is to refresh the topic 2 weeks before the event, and close registration (and give back unused spaces) 7 days before the event.

But, since you brought it up, feel free to post here or PM if you're in for the 28th.

I'm in.

:angry: another conflict with this month's date. Things should open up next month!

For those who want to get some dates on their calendar, here are the shifts that Daniel has got lined up for the next several months:

Thursday 1/28

Monday 2/8

Thursday 3/25

Monday 4/19

Thursday 5/20

(Thanks again, Daniel, for getting a standing shift going!)

Bump. Any more takers?

I can't commit until I get through wrapping up the company end of year and 1099's/W-2's. Hopefully I'll be in a better place next week and I'll check back with you then, if it's not too late.. As you can see, I'm a bit stressed and sleep is evading me... :angry:

Oh, and we (meaning "I") need to investigate switching our insurance provider since we won't be able to afford the estimated 26% increase to our premiums, and changing our 401k provider since we're unhappy with all the errors they've made..Yikes,. on second thought, maybe I'd better wait for February

To make it clear, though, don't go in the front door of the shelter on 2nd St.

The entrance to DCCK is around the back, in an alley off E St.

RE: dinner - I'll have my son with me, so while we'll be looking for dinner, we'll be looking for something casual, nearby, and relatively quick. Not that we'll be doing anything fancy in sweaty food-stained clothes...

P.S. *I* screwed up the list, and we're actually at 12 people (for 10 spots) with 1 on the waiting list. So if anyone *does* have to cancel, it won't be a heartache. They won't turn us away if we show with 12, since there's no actual way for them to associate the bodies walking in the door with the 10-spot reservation, but I feel stupid about it especially with the poor attendance from the past few months.

Good question...not exactly a ton of suitable options in the immediate vicinity.

We've occasionally wandered over to the Dubliner or Johnny's Half Shell, just 2-3 blocks away.

And 5 blocks west you're at the edge of Penn Quarter, with plenty of things to eat.

Plus, Heather and I at the least are driving, and between the two of us 9 people can go...

Thanks, everyone, for coming out tonight. Full house!

Thanks for organizing Daniel. Hope everybody had as much fun battling the hoards of butternut squash as I did (even if the weapons at hand were less than Excalibur-like).

It's too bad we don't get to see the end product.

Thanks, everyone, for coming out tonight. Full house!

I just realized that our scheduled February date is only 10 days away, so let's get some names down fast.

Monday, Feb 8th. Who's in?

That was great fun! Thanks again for organizing! Jenna and I will be out of town for the next outing, sunny Mexico.... We'll have to hit March instead.

Monday's shift cancelled - this just in from DCCK:

Dear Volunteers

DO TO THE BAD WEATHER THERE WILL BE NO CO-OP SHIFT MONDAY FEBRUARY 8TH 2010, IF YOU OR YOUR GROUP CAN COME IN DURING THE 9-12 NOON SHIFT IT WOULD BE GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! WE COULD USE YOUR HELP

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT

If anybody can go Monday daytime, please send me a PM.

DanielK +1 (the +1 is the nearly-13 year old)

chaofun

jchao

ol_ironstomach

goldenticket

hm212

3 spots left. Dinner after will be a quick one since this is a school night - we're thinking about hitting Taylor Gourmet for some Roast Pork sandwiches!