Key Bridge Holiday Inn

bonmot

Hey, thanks a lot for taking the time to help me out! These tips and info are exactly what I need for Crystal City.

As it turns out, I've decided to extend my stay a few days at a different hotel closer to D.C. proper (in Arlington near the Rosslyn station). That will make it even easier to move around on the second half of my trip.

One place that I would try to get to would be either Ray's the Steaks or Ray's Hell Burger (or both!) in the same little row of shops in between Rosslyn and Courthouse, it has the best steaks (for a decent price) and the best burgers, respectively, in DC.
As it turns out, I've decided to extend my stay a few days at a different hotel closer to D.C. proper (in Arlington near the Rosslyn station). That will make it even easier to move around on the second half of my trip.

Now that you're going to be near Rosslyn, don't miss the advice to go to Ray's!

Out of all the local Legal Seafoods in this area, Crystal City's food and service has been consistently good.

Aside from Ray's & Guajillo's, Greenberry Coffee & Tea (also a chain) has decent coffee for a breakfast run. In the same plaza, Pho 75 can satisfy your pho fix, but the chicken pho is nothing to sneeze at. Many people like coffee at Murky, which is at the Clarendon metro stop.

Also near Rosslyn metro is Me Jana (Mediterranean) and Minh's (Vietnamese). For a Chinese fix, TNR Cafe might do the trick at the Courthouse metro stop, but it's a slight walk. Closer option might be Cafe Asia, but it's fusion food and it's hit-or-miss, I think.

Also near Rosslyn metro is Me Jana (Mediterranean) and Minh's (Vietnamese). For a Chinese fix, TNR Cafe might do the trick at the Courthouse metro stop, but it's a slight walk. Closer option might be Cafe Asia, but it's fusion food and it's hit-or-miss, I think.

Me Jana and Minh's are near the Courthouse station, not Rosslyn, right?

If the hotel you are staying at in Rosslyn is the Key Bridge Marriott, then that side of Rosslyn really doesn't have much going on culinary-wise. I've never really found anything all that good anywhere in Rosslyn until you start walking towards Courthouse, and by then that's a pretty good hike if it is the Key Bridge Marriott you are staying at.

The good thing about the Key Bridge Marriott though is that it's right next to the Key Bridge... which is right across from Georgetown. It's also a bit of a walk, but it's a nice view from the bridge while doing it.

Again, check the Diner's Guide for Georgetown, but the places I can think of that I'd check out are :

- Pizza Paradiso which has some pretty good pizza as well as some good beer

- Agraria, near the waterfront. There are some other restaurants near the waterfront that you can check out... Just know that they are popular for the view, NOT for their food.

- Hook

Of the three I've only personally been to Pizza Paradiso, but when I'm staying at the Key Bridge Marriott I do try and head to it occasionally.

If the hotel you are staying at in Rosslyn is the Key Bridge Marriott, then that side of Rosslyn really doesn't have much going on culinary-wise. I've never really found anything all that good anywhere in Rosslyn until you start walking towards Courthouse, and by then that's a pretty good hike if it is the Key Bridge Marriott you are staying at.

The good thing about the Key Bridge Marriott though is that it's right next to the Key Bridge... which is right across from Georgetown. It's also a bit of a walk, but it's a nice view from the bridge while doing it.

Again, check the Diner's Guide for Georgetown, but the places I can think of that I'd check out are :

- Pizza Paradiso which has some pretty good pizza as well as some good beer

- Agraria, near the waterfront. There are some other restaurants near the waterfront that you can check out... Just know that they are popular for the view, NOT for their food.

- Hook

Of the three I've only personally been to Pizza Paradiso, but when I'm staying at the Key Bridge Marriott I do try and head to it occasionally.

Thanks for the info. My hotel is the Holiday Inn, which is on the other side of I-66, but in the same general area it appears. I have some apprehension about the hotel, but location, location, location won me over.

Thanks for all of your help, BTW.

Thanks for the info. My hotel is the Holiday Inn, which is on the other side of I-66, but in the same general area it appears. I have some apprehension about the hotel, but location, location, location won me over.
A friend of mine stayed at Key Bridge Holiday Inn last summer for a funeral at Arlington and it seemed to work out ok. I had to leave a package for him at the front desk, and it was much nicer inside than I would have thought. From there, you're not too long of a walk back to Wilson Blvd and up to Ray's (or at least you're closer than from the Marriott).

A friend of mine stayed at Key Bridge Holiday Inn last summer for a funeral at Arlington and it seemed to work out ok. I had to leave a package for him at the front desk, and it was much nicer inside than I would have thought. From there, you're not too long of a walk back to Wilson Blvd and up to Ray's (or at least you're closer than from the Marriott).

That's reassuring. Thanks for the info. On the google earth map it looks like there is a huge construction project going on directly south of the hotel. Is that still the case? or is it an old photo?