Who is Don Rockwell?

DonRocks

Why is there such a flood of guests here right now? Can someone email me (donrocks@donrockwell.com) and tell me if there was some press somewhere?

And guests, as long as you're here, why don't you take a couple minutes and register? I'll buy you a piece of bubble gum if you do, and will think tenderly of you on a regular basis.

Click --------> HERE! <--------

Thank you! :)

Rocks.

Come on you 46 guests, make my day. Click above and register. Give me something to do during my meeting.

There are more of you reading right now than members. It only takes a moment and I promise Don won't bite. Become member 671!

You know you want to say something about breastfeeding while taking pictures of your dinner :)

Come on you 46 guests, make my day.  Click above and register.  Give me something to do during my meeting.

There are more of you reading right now than members.  It only takes a moment and I promise Don won't bite.  Become member 671!

You know you want to say something about breastfeeding while taking pictures of your dinner :)

This is starting to sound like a membership drive on NPR. "Become member 671 and receipe a free piece of bubble gum as your incentive."

I'll buy you a piece of bubble gum if you do, and will think tenderly of you on a regular basis.

Not me. I was only reminding people of Rocks' offer. I'm too cheap for bubble gum. Perhaps some packets of saltines from the lunch place in my building. I could donate some of those, there are a bunch of stale ones in my desk drawer.

We have had a record number of new members this year. 25 in the last 9 days.

Please take a moment to welcome them in true dr.com style.

To those who have registered, please take a moment to respond to my email so I can activate your account which will allow you to join the party.

Edited to add: Make that 31 new members in 9 days :)

Edited by hillvalley

Wooooo Hooooo!  I just validated our 900th member! 

I know I am the only one who cares but who else am I going to share my excitement with? <_<

perhaps with a group of Rockweilers at happy hour on Friday? I'm sure a number of us would be happy to share your excitement.

Congratulations to the Clark family on the birth of their daugher and sister.

An old friend of my gave me some sage advice shortly after my daughter was born. He said, Mark, some day, about 15 or 16 years from now, a young man will come into your life who will be known to you as the "slimey bastard." Truer words were never spoken.

He also confided that mental illness was an inherited trait, you get it from your daughter.

I absolutely love these forums, but one thing I can't figure out is where everyone came from!

Do you all know each other? It seems like people are always getting together for events and dinner.

Who is Don Rockwell?

Where did this site come from? It seems like it's just a forum hovering in limbo somewhere in cyberspace, and yet you all seem to have "ins" with all the top restaurants in DC.

How is it that you all seem to have "ins" with all the top restaurants in DC?

I feel like I've stumbled into some secret room where the culinarily priveleged go to swap secrets - - - and I don't belong!

-Dan

Nobody knows, but they say if you repeat his name three times, he shows up next to you at a bar, buys you a glass of white Burgundy, and disappears without a trace.  :)

This actually works, sometimes. It's happened to me at least three times. And one time it wasn't a glass of white Burgundy, it was a tequila gimlet.