"Modern Spice" by Monica Bhide

DonRocks

This book is SERIOUSLY AWESOME. Can't wait to start adding some of those dishes--especially the pomegranate shrimp on the cover--to my rotation. And I loved the stories Monica included in the book. There are even cocktail recipes in there! Great job, Monica.

I hope I will see some of you today in Baltimore!

Another signing to tell you about. this one is in Bethesda Row on May 16th from 3:30 - 5:30. Come by for a cooking demo and to say hello! I would love to see you there.

Where exactly will the cooking demo/signing take place next Saturday? (Belated Congrats, BTW!! :D )

Talk about good! Yeah, I heard a fair portion of it. Makes me want to take her classes! Bravo, Monica! Good segment on how the spices will differ if you use them raw, dry roast them, or sizzle them in oil. So many different flavors, such depth to Indian cooking.

From Dorie Greenspan to Julie Powell, from a home cook in Delhi to a food writer in UK, from a mom in Minneapolis to a food lover in Brussels, over 25 bloggers participated in the Modern Spice Virtual Dinner Party. They picked recipes and cooked their way through the book and then posted on their own blogs and I bought the entire party together on mine. Check it out – http://www.monicabhide.com

Monica Bhide will also be demonstrating recipes and signing copies of her book at the Penn Quarter FRESHFARM Market on Thursday, July 2, from 4 to 5 pm.

You'll probably have to try the chile pea puffs at home since it would take forever to make these for a market crowd, but it is fun to guess what she might make when there are all these summer squashes, chiles, tomatillos, herbs, eggs and even eggplant coming into town from the farm.

Friends - I am back requesting your support!! Please, please, please come by The National Press Club on November 17th fr the book fair and be there to help me!! Why ??? Look who else will be there -- http://press.org/bookfair/. This list is so intimitading.. i would love to have some friends come by and help me out!

Monica

While I won't be able to attend this year (sorry Monica!) I can definitely vouch for how fantastic the Press Club book fairs are - they really are wonderful events, and a great place to get early holiday shopping done because of the variety of authors they invite.

Friends - I will be making cocktails from Modern Spice and serving them up tomorrow night at the Neiman Marcus in Mazza Gallery in Chevy Chase. Do stop by and say hello! And bring friends!! Lots to drink :-)

So sorry I missed this...especially since we have newly acquired copy of Modern Spice! :angry: