Dinner before 9:30 Club show

4bigreddogs

Actually, Etete might be a great choice. I have a couple celiac friends and have gone to Ethiopian restaurants with them on multiple occasions. Authentic injera is made with teff, which is virtually gluten-free. But some restaurants in the US mix in a little wheat flour, so you'd have to ask to make sure it's 100% teff. Etete was one of the places I went to with my friends and they were fine.

Other good places near 9:30 Club are Bar Pilar and Marvin.

I'm looking for suggestions near 9:30 Club for tomorrow night before the show.

I thought of Etete, but it's not the best choice for our gluten-free friend. It wouldn't have to be within walking distance, but at least on that side of town.

the best place in the general area is cork, about a 10 minute walk to 14th street.

We slid into a couple of seats at the bar at Next Door (to Ben's Chili Bowl) last night. Service was pretty quick - didn't look at the main menu, which is available at the bar, but the bar menu had several $6-$7 items. Include were the expected half smoke and chili dogs, mac and cheese, fries, etc. Ribs were also on there but we didn't think they were such a great deal with only 3 (tasty but not terribly meaty) ribs and a teeny-tiny scoop of coleslaw for $7. Not sure if/what your celiac friend will find that works. Oohs and Aahs is also on the way to the club, as is Chix.

The show was great BTW - have fun!

We went to Etete, which was perfect.

I bought the $10 advanced parking ticket, so we parked at 9:30 Club and walked over to Etete. We sat upstairs in the back corner and it was so dark that we couldn't read the menu. We asked the waitress to order for us (we were open to everything and don't mind serious spice). I can't tell you the exact names of what we had, but it was a nice, varied selection of meat, fish, veggies. Everything was delicious and it was just the right amount. Like past visits, we found the service to be slow but very friendly.

We were told the injera had some wheat flour, but my friend took a chance and said he felt fine after.

We're going to a concert tonight at 9:30 (both the place and the time) and wondered whether we should check out any place in the immediate neighborhood rather than grab a bite near my husband's office in Penn Quarter.

9:30 is at 9th and V. Husband is at 12th & Penn.

Suggestions? Anyone tried 1905?

Ah, found it. Hadn't realized someone asked the same question last week!

FWIW, Cork is closed on Mondays and I'm not a big fan of Ethiopian food, so still looking for options.

I second Pilar - great food - Vinoeca on 11th and U has worked for me. And I really like Marvin as well. Enjoy the show.