Super Bowl Food - Pittsburgh vs Arizona Theme

diddy

Hey I'm trying to come up with a Pittsburgh vs Arizona theme for a Super Bowl party. I'm thinking about doing Tacos for AZ. Not sure about Pittsburgh though. What are some Pittsburgh foods that are good for a party?
kielbasa + Iron City

Hey I'm trying to come up with a Pittsburgh vs Arizona theme for a Super Bowl party. I'm thinking about doing Tacos for AZ. Not sure about Pittsburgh though. What are some Pittsburgh foods that are good for a party?

The Post ran an article with a similar theme yesterday. You cannot get more Pittsburgh than Primanti Bros. sandwiches. Don't forget the Iron City beer. :P

Theme? What theme? Having never eaten in Arizona, with one truly dreadful meal in Pittsburgh (although I can't blame the city for Olive Garden's "cuisine"), I'm going with "foods I want to eat". Since I'm currently on a bit of a barbecue kick, that means ribs, and either brisket or pulled pork, depending on what looks good in the meat case. NQD has put in a request for that barbecue staple, fried risotto balls. The rest of the menu has yet to be determined. Pierogies do sound good, though, and since there will already be some hot oil around ...

At a fantasy draft party one year, a young lady who was from Pittsburgh brought in a pierogi casserole. :P

(We claimed that it proved her Pittsburgh heritage.)

Growing up in Chicago, I regret that I never went to Hammond, Indiana's pierogi fest. That said, I've never heard of a pierogi casserole.

As for the Super Bowl themes, I might just go with some random mexican food for Phoenix. Don't know if it's really known for anything else, except maybe being Chicago's westernmost suburb.