DR.com Dinner at Grapeseed

goodeats

Join your fellow Rockweilers at Grapeseed on Tuesday, March 24 at 7pm for a five-course dinner prepared creatively by Chef/Owner Jeff Heineman!

The cost is $
per person for
nondrinkers
and $
for
wine-pairings
, including tax and tip.

There are only 30 settings available, so reserve in advance by sending me a PM.

**Please note that prepayment is required to reserve your spot** and payment information will be provided upon your reservation. HOWEVER, if you need to cancel, you must do so 48 hours in advance or find someone to take your place.

For more information about Grapeseed, please visit http://www.grapeseedbistro.com. It is about 5-6 blocks from the Bethesda Metro station and there is valet parking for $5.

The menu will be forthcoming.

I'm not sure if my schedule will allow me to go, but for all those of you on the fence, please don't miss this dinner.

$50 for 5 courses tax and tip included comes out to $8/course before tax and tip. That's an amazingly good price for this lovely Bethesda restaurant. For you MD-based folks who always fuss about how the events seem to be DC or NoVa-centric, here's your chance. And for you NoVa folks, I make the commute home from Falls Church to Potomac every day, and I can tell you that, even in traffic, it's less than 30 minutes from Falls Church to Grapeseed.

What about wine? Any chance of BYO?

BYO? Hopefully in addition to buying from their list. Right? BYO is not a bad thing, but this is one of the few restaurants in MoCo that has done a very good job with their wine list, not to mention the great deal for this dinner. :rolleyes:

Join your fellow Rockweilers at Grapeseed on Tuesday, March 24 at 7pm for a five-course dinner prepared creatively by Chef/Owner Jeff Heineman!

The cost is $
per person for
nondrinkers
and $
for
wine-pairings
, including tax and tip.

There are only 30 settings available, so reserve in advance by sending me a PM.

This sounds great. I am so sorry that I am going to be out of town as I have been wanting to try Grapeseed for a while.

5-course dinner at Grapeseed

Passed hors d'oeuvres

1st Course

Spring peas, mint kissed with white chocolate

2nd Course

Red mullet with barley risotto, basil and orange

3rd Course

Grapeseed carbonara with guanciale and farm yolk

4th Course

Elsian fields lamb, celeriac, black garlic

5th Course

Apricot napoleon with dried fruits, hazelnut, vanilla

Please remember to let me know in your PM if your opting for wine pairings. Those who have signed up, please check for PMs this week regarding payment info. Thanks!

I can't go. <_<

My 9-year-old daughter's science fair is that night, and she's spent a ton of time dropping Mentos into various sodas to make them explode. No live demonstration at the fair :rolleyes:, but I do have to attend.

Go, people! This is an unbelievable price for this meal!

I can't go. <_<

My 9-year-old daughter's science fair is that night, and she's spent a ton of time dropping Mentos into various sodas to make them explode. No live demonstration at the fair :rolleyes:, but I do have to attend.

Go, people! This is an unbelievable price for this meal!

That mentos experiment never gets old! And to keep this food related, what soda produced the best geyser?

5-course dinner at Grapeseed

Passed hors d'oeuvres

1st Course

Spring peas, mint kissed with white chocolate

2nd Course

Red mullet with barley risotto, basil and orange

3rd Course

Grapeseed carbonara with guanciale and farm yolk

4th Course

Elsian fields lamb, celeriac, black garlic

5th Course

Apricot napoleon with dried fruits, hazelnut, vanilla

Please remember to let me know in your PM if your opting for wine pairings. Those who have signed up, please check for PMs this week regarding payment info. Thanks!

If I can shuffle one thing, there's no way I'm going to miss this dinner. Jeff has been a valuable, active member of this board for a long time, and his only flaw is that he played on the SECOND best Montgomery County football team of the 1980s.

But ya couldn't beat 2009 Maryland State 4A Basketball Champion Springbrook, could ya, Mr. All-Met.

So I'm likely a yes (with pairings, por favor).

P.S. $50 for these five courses, all-inclusive, plus passed hors d'oeuvres? Really?

If I can shuffle one thing, there's no way I'm going to miss this dinner. Jeff has been a valuable, active member of this board for a long time, and his only flaw is that he played on the SECOND best Montgomery County football team of the 1980s.

But ya couldn't beat 2009 Maryland State 4A Basketball Champion Springbrook, could ya, Mr. All-Met.

So I'm likely a yes (with pairings, por favor).

P.S. $50 for these five courses, all-inclusive, plus passed hors d'oeuvres? Really?

Uh, Don... I will try and find my letter jacket with my "1980 State Champions" Patch proudly stitched to the breast, for the event. I could even be talked into, maybe, raffling it off for a good cause. Particulars for that team are: 12-0; outscoring opponents 370-62; zero points allowed during the playoffs. Granted we stumbled a bit the next few years, but Seneca currently has the most state football championships of any team in Maryland with 12.

Yes, 50 bucks for the menu. Looking forward to see everyone next week.

Jeff