Decent place to eat near Japan Info and Cultural Center

mojoman

We're going to a free showing of the Lion Emperor at the Japan Information and Cultural Center

1155 21st Street, NW

Since my knowledge of the geography of the District is limited to the Penn Quarter and Georgetown areas and which metro stop to get out, can anyone recommend a decent (hopefully inexpensive) restaurant near this place?

Thanks.

We're going to a free showing of the Lion Emperor at the Japan Information and Cultural Center

1155 21st Street, NW

Since my knowledge of the geography of the District is limited to the Penn Quarter and Georgetown areas and which metro stop to get out, can anyone recommend a decent (hopefully inexpensive) restaurant near this place?

Thanks.

Spezie is also not too far away either if you want to order some small plates. You can access the Center from either 20th or 21st streets, which means Vidalia is really just a hop skip and a jump away and highly recommended. Inexpensive and good, just across 20th street is CousCous Cafe. You'll have to check their hours though...they used to be open late, but they may have shortened their hours since the economy tanked.

Update, I just called and they close at 5:30 today, but next month will be open again until 9pm in the evenings. website

Thanks Sthitch and squiddc for your quick answers. I wish CousCous were open later since the other ones are out of the price range now (we just got back from Vegas).

So, we'll go home to my kitchen...I'm thinking about picking up the fixings for some burgers and fries...should be a quick, late dinner.

Thanks Sthitch and squiddc for your quick answers. I wish CousCous were open later since the other ones are out of the price range now (we just got back from Vegas).

So, we'll go home to my kitchen...I'm thinking about picking up the fixings for some burgers and fries...should be a quick, late dinner.

Another option...walk around the corner to 19th Street for either Nooshi or Chop't.