Johnny's Half Shell, Capitol Hill - Owners Johnny Fulchino and 2004 James Beard Award Winner Ann Cashion Now in the Original Cashion's Eat Place Space, Adams Morgan - Closed

7 hours ago, Kev29 said:

Tom Sietsema writes for 70 year olds. And young people don't know or give a shit about Ann Cashion. 

No offense to all parties above. :P

Ann Cashion was one of the first woman chefs in DC to make a big deal. Sorry, Kev, but young people are not the only people alive at the moment.

• Like 7
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Twelve years ago, in 2004, the great Ann Cashion won the James Beard Award for Best Chef - Mid-Atlantic Region: Ann was, and still is, the *only female* to win the award from Washington, DC, and is a

Ann Cashion was one of the first woman chefs in DC to make a big deal. Sorry, Kev, but young people are not the only people alive at the moment.

Sorry to disagree there Kev, but Ann Cashion is still one of the most influential chefs in DC. The dining crowd there should absolutely ‘give a shit’ if they know anything about food other than Thrill

Posted Images

23 hours ago, Kev29 said:

Tom Sietsema writes for 70 year olds. And young people don't know or give a shit about Ann Cashion. 

No offense to all parties above. :P

Sorry to disagree there Kev, but Ann Cashion is still one of the most influential chefs in DC. The dining crowd there should absolutely ‘give a shit’ if they know anything about food other than Thrillist’s Best Burger or Zaniest Brunch Specials.

• Like 7

I was a semi-regular at the Dupont location. I remember, first and foremost, Sam, the bartender. He was smart, funny, and chatting with him was so much fun. I believe he was employed at the last incarnation in Adams Morgan. I never met Ann but Sam introduced me to Johnny one night and my impression was of a warm-hearted, intelligent person who enjoyed running the business. The food was consistently good: the oyster program, mussels in red sauce, grilled rockfish, and those crab cakes. Yes, they were the size of sea scallops and expensive, but I don't think I've had a better crab cake anywhere. Remember the aquarium behind the bar? It's silly, but I'm still tickled by the beer taps underneath the tank. Other than a single visit for lunch at the Capital Hill location, it's been a long time since I patronized Johnny's. Nevertheless I'm still sad that it's gone.

• Like 1