Johnny's Half Shell, Capitol Hill - Owners Johnny Fulchino and 2004 James Beard Award Winner Ann Cashion Now in the Original Cashion's Eat Place Space, Adams Morgan - Closed

7 hours ago, Kev29 said:

Tom Sietsema writes for 70 year olds. And young people don't know or give a shit about Ann Cashion. 

No offense to all parties above. :P

Ann Cashion was one of the first woman chefs in DC to make a big deal. Sorry, Kev, but young people are not the only people alive at the moment.

• Like 7

23 hours ago, Kev29 said:

Tom Sietsema writes for 70 year olds. And young people don't know or give a shit about Ann Cashion. 

No offense to all parties above. :P

Sorry to disagree there Kev, but Ann Cashion is still one of the most influential chefs in DC. The dining crowd there should absolutely ‘give a shit’ if they know anything about food other than Thrillist’s Best Burger or Zaniest Brunch Specials.

• Like 7

I was a semi-regular at the Dupont location. I remember, first and foremost, Sam, the bartender. He was smart, funny, and chatting with him was so much fun. I believe he was employed at the last incarnation in Adams Morgan. I never met Ann but Sam introduced me to Johnny one night and my impression was of a warm-hearted, intelligent person who enjoyed running the business. The food was consistently good: the oyster program, mussels in red sauce, grilled rockfish, and those crab cakes. Yes, they were the size of sea scallops and expensive, but I don't think I've had a better crab cake anywhere. Remember the aquarium behind the bar? It's silly, but I'm still tickled by the beer taps underneath the tank. Other than a single visit for lunch at the Capital Hill location, it's been a long time since I patronized Johnny's. Nevertheless I'm still sad that it's gone.

• Like 1