brr

The Inn At Little Washington - With 2001 National James Beard Award Winner Patrick O'Connell

3 hours ago, mtureck said:

And now choosing the cheese course instead of dessert is an $18 up-charge. 

I'm really glad I had the chance to go here a few times before the prices got crazy...can't see myself going back. 

Good thing you aren't staying in the Claiborne House. :)

On 5/14/2019 at 4:57 PM, mtureck said:

And now choosing the cheese course instead of dessert is an $18 up-charge. 

I'm really glad I had the chance to go here a few times before the prices got crazy...can't see myself going back. 

But.... you can have as many cheeses as you would like. Not quibbling with you about prices, but the lack of restriction does provide some more value.

4 minutes ago, Keithstg said:

But.... you can have as many cheeses as you would like. Not quibbling with you about prices, but the lack of restriction does provide some more value.

Last time I was there we were told to pick 5 or 6, if I remember correctly.

Either way, I just find something distasteful about a $18 upcharge during a $238 meal.  

I understand a big tasting menu upcharge for a super special ingredient...a perfect white truffle, real Kobe beef, etc., but adding a small (relatively speaking) upcharge for something that has always been included just strikes me the wrong way. 

Maybe Cameron just wanted a big raise. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mtureck said:

Last time I was there we were told to pick 5 or 6, if I remember correctly.

Either way, I just find something distasteful about a $18 upcharge during a $238 meal.  

I understand a big tasting menu upcharge for a super special ingredient...a perfect white truffle, real Kobe beef, etc., but adding a small (relatively speaking) upcharge for something that has always been included just strikes me the wrong way. 

Maybe Cameron just wanted a big raise. 

I hear you - I still remember being offered still or sparkling water at Il Laboratorio and being annoyed at a rather arbitrary water charge at the end of the evening (all bottles were shared among tables - I guess the charge was split?).

Last month we could pick however many cheeses. Would be a bummer if that's changed, or not consistently applied. Cameron was much less engaging on our last trip, though. Maybe having an off night.