Bayou Bakery, Pastry Chef David Guas In Courthouse - Capitol Hill Location is Closed

6 hours ago, DonRocks said:

Right, that's pretty much what the sign says - like Pupatella, Bayou is "bus it yourself." 

I had brunch here about a month ago, and while the French Press was very good (a small is plenty for one person), I wasn't a fan of the bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit - they make a point to note that they're using Benton's Bacon, but the eggs are "scrambled" in a square-type mold that reminds me of something you'd get at Hardee's. The difference between these types of molded eggs, and the runny delight of either a properly fried or scrambled egg makes all the difference.

I like the French Press also.   I like the bigger spiced pork, potatoes, gravy dish they have on Weekends. I've liked some of the other dishes and been indifferent on others.  I also like the spicy bloody and the bourbon drinks they have on weekends. 

I do agree on the egg presentation.  I don't make egg sandwiches at home for exactly the reason you described above.

BTW those eggs are cooked in a mold which is how they all turn out identical.  I don’t have one at home but I wonder if those eggs in a typical store bought egg sandwich add lesser quality ingredients and consequently don’t taste the same as scrambled eggs (however you prepare them).  I think they must