Breakfast for 10 people early Sunday morning

Dr. Delicious

I have family coming into town. Prior to their departure on a Sunday (so we'll need to be reasonably close to DCA), we'll need to have an early breakfast (around 8-8:30) for 10 people (including 2 small children), each of which seems to preclude many restaurants from being a viable choice. Your suggestions are appreciated.

I have family coming into town. Prior to their departure on a Sunday (so we'll need to be reasonably close to DCA), we'll need to have an early breakfast (around 8-8:30) for 10 people (including 2 small children), each of which seems to preclude many restaurants from being a viable choice. Your suggestions are appreciated.

If you really will get there by 8:30, Metro 29 Diner should be able to accomodate you. If you go much later you may experience a wait. I would call ahead to let them know you are coming. It is about 10 minutes or so to National Airport if you know where you are going.

If you really will get there by 8:30, Metro 29 Diner should be able to accomodate you. If you go much later you may experience a wait. I would call ahead to let them know you are coming. It is about 10 minutes or so to National Airport if you know where you are going.

If you're in the District to start, I would suggest Open City. At 8:30 on a Sunday (but not much later than that), they should be able to seat 10 relatively quickly (especially if you call ahead). After you're done, you can hop right on Rock Creek and be at DCA in ten minutes. Only problem is likely to be parking.

The Tabard Inn serves an amazing breakfast in the morning, including on Saturdays and Sundays. Since most people want their brunch it is generally just people staying in the hotel. From the Tabard to DCA on a Saturday morning takes about 15 minutes.