Quarry House Tavern, Silver Spring, On Georgia Ave. and Bonifant St. Since 1937, Reopen in the Same Location after a Fire

Saturday night, we wanted to go drink at Silver Branch. But the current food menu interested none of us. So we went to Quarry House for burgers and beer. 3 of us, one a bit of a whisky snob. She had so much fun picking out a whisky to try. She loves to get a small shot of something she has never had before so she can try it without buying a full bottle.

So, beer, burgers, tots, and some whisky. Also, the new bar manager there is one of our favorite former bartenders from Little Coco's - that was a nice surprise!

Their beer list was excellent. Lots of very local stuff, and a good variety (says the woman who really hates hop bombs and can have issues with modern beer lists.) The whisky list remains excellent. The burgers were cooked properly, and quite tasty. And the service was very good. I know they are still staffing up, but SO friendly and helpful.

• Like 1

Quarry House again last Friday. And again, heading out to Silver Branch to drink, but wanted better food. So, burgers etc. at Quarry House, along with some good beer (happy hour, so nice prices too). And whisky for the whisky girl. Really, the service, the beer list, and the whisky list are great. And for bar food, it's very very good.

After our annual watching of "Muppet Christmas Carol" at the AFI Silver last night, we tried to get dinner at Quarry House. No go - closed for a week due to a positive covid test among the staff. I hope they are all well and that nobody gets truly sick.

4 of us attempted to go to Denizens tonight, but was very full. I admit, when they offered outside seats, we all rolled our eyes and said, "No thanks!" Just a bit too frigid for that! Looked at each other and said, "Plan B!" immediately followed by, "What IS plan b?" D says, "Quarry House!" And so it was.

Burgers, beer, whiskey for the whiskey girl. And it was good. They were busy, but not slammed. And they got rather slammed as we were leaving. 

We tried the onion rings for the first time. And we all prefer thin onion rings with batter, and these look a little thick. But no, they were very good. And we will eat those again. And again. The batter was excellent, the onions were cooked all the way through. D wants them to do fish and chips with this batter. The dip was also good.

The patty melt is back on the menu! YAY!!!

Also, our favorite bar manager has moved on, but the new bar manager is great, and the beer list this weekend was exceptional. (And I can still find our friend Paul. Just not there.)