Parthenon, Old-School Greek in Chevy Chase DC

My fiance and I moved to CCMD, just north and east of the circle. We have been trying the close-in restaurants.

Parthenon is a Greek restaurant on the west side of CT. We've been a couple of times. I'm not very observant about decor but it looks dated to me. The clientele is mainly over 60 years old.

With regard to the food, with the exception of the flaming saganaki, we find it very mediocre. We've had the full course menu and a la carte. The cold appetizers are passable with the best dishes being a stewed eggplant. The pastitio and moussaka were bland, dry, and terrible. I had a chicken pasta dish that tasted much like Stouffers.

It has a full bar (part of the establishment is a cocktail lounge) and some interesting Greek wines if that's how you roll.

With regard to the food, with the exception of the flaming saganaki, we find it very mediocre.

I was there for lunch three years ago. The food was laughably terrible, a sort of Sysco cafeteria Greek.

I find myself at the bar off to the side here (Called the Chevy Chase Lounge) from time to time, mainly because this and Senor Peppers are the only thing within an easy walking distance to the neighborhood. The prices have skyrocketed over the past few years with no discernable increase in food quality, but if you wind up here, the pork chops aren't bad. Bar service ranges from warm and cordial to virtually non-existent.

On 5/7/2009 at 12:41 PM, genericeric said:

I find myself at the bar off to the side here (Called the Chevy Chase Lounge) from time to time, mainly because this and Senor Peppers are the only thing within an easy walking distance to the neighborhood. The prices have skyrocketed over the past few years with no discernable increase in food quality, but if you wind up here, the pork chops aren't bad. Bar service ranges from warm and cordial to virtually non-existent.

Apparently, the Chevy Chase Lounge is a favorite of the latest nominee to the Supreme Court.  The elite world of Brett Kavanaugh, by Paul Schwartzman and Michelle Boorstein, July 11, 2018, on washingtonpost.com.