Moorenko's Ice Cream Cafe - Reopen in Silver Spring

Also, I noticed that Listrani's in McLean is now serving Moorenko's.

The cafe at the Avalon Theater on Connecticut Ave serves Moorenko's, and last night had the salted caramel (and about a half dozen other flavors).

I remember Tosca serves Moorenko's as well.

As is Pesce. I suspect I opened up a can of worms with my Listrani's post; no need to list a compendium of who's serving Moorenko's, as I think they're doing a lot of wholesale to restaurants. :rolleyes:

As is Pesce. I suspect I opened up a can of worms with my Listrani's post; no need to list a compendium of who's serving Moorenko's, as I think they're doing a lot of wholesale to restaurants. :)

CNN's recent story about selling ice cream in the winter noted that Moorenko's wholesale restaurant and grocery business accounts for half of their off-season business. It's a treat to see a good local story on CNN, video on CNN's Website and a great reminder that Moorenko's is still there and "churning it out" even in the winter.

I tasted Moorenko's Ice-cream with a group of friend and we were disappointed. I prefer dense old fashion ice-cream to a aerated ice-cream (the weight of Moorenko's ice cream is roughly 1/3 less than other ice-cream)

and I feel we don't reach the density of taste we do in a unaerated ice-cream; a good idea is to try different vanilla ice-cream.

I don't say it is bad but I would say it is not my taste and my idea of an ice-cream.