Local Chefs On TV

mdt

I caught some of the Hungry Detective on FoodTV last night, he was of course in DC and hit up Colorado Kitchen for a cheese and ham napoleon and Hank's Oyster House for crab cakes and lobster roll. Both Gillian and Jamie got some nice camera time.

Apparently he also visted Ben's Chili Bowl, Cantina Marina and Julia's Empanadas.

Jamie Stachowski of Restaurant Kolumbia will be on NBC's Today show on December 7. According to the Today website, he's making a Christmas goose. Sorry, I don't know what time he'll be on.

I was at Kolumbia tonight for a wonderful dinner and logged on to post about this. His wife said that he is going to be on at 9:45 and he is going to be larding a goose with dried fruit. So get your TiVo's started.

I was at Kolumbia tonight for a wonderful dinner and logged on to post about this. His wife said that he is going to be on at 9:45 and he is going to be larding a goose with dried fruit. So get your TiVo's started.

I mentioned this to a couple people at the last happy hour. Unfortunately it had been a couple weeks since I'd talked to Jaime so I couldn't remember which morning show it was, and I got mixed up with what he was doing on the show... oh, and I didn't know the date :-) Not much use was I? :-)

Great segment, especially since Chef had to work with a slightly tipsy Natalie (wine tasting segment right before hand). The goose looked beautiful both whole and sliced. Seeing the larding and injecting technique was nice and made me think I could try it at home. The buffet looked wonderful too.

This morning I saw a nice feature on Cathal Armstrong and locally produced food on Channel 4's 10:00 news show. I found the link and it turns out it was a rerun of an evening news story from June 26, which we all must have missed.

I just had the distinct pleasure of watching Cathal Armstrong, with Eve and Eamonn, on Chefs A'Field: Kids on the Farm. They paid a visit to Polyface Farm (familiar to all the Omnivore's Dilemma fans, as well as purchasers of Eco-Friendly foods at our local farmers' markets) and Joel Salatin took them (and us through them!) on a tour of the farm, and a discussion about his philosophy. That's followed by Cathal (with the kids) demonstrating a chicken dish that I most definitely will be making in the near future.

For the life of me, I can't quite figure out how (or why) PBS sets up their programming schedule so sloppily, so I have no idea exactly when it's on again (MPT on Sunday the 19th?) but I cannot stress this enough --

Watch this program. Just watch it.

For the life of me, I can't quite figure out how (or why) PBS sets up their programming schedule so sloppily, so I have no idea exactly when it's on again (MPT on Sunday the 19th?) but I cannot stress this enough --

WETA seems to have already run the show, but according to their website schedule, MPT is showing this Sunday the 19th at 5pm, and again at 2am. Comcast's DVR programmer seems to disagree, so caveat emptor...

WETA seems to have already run the show, but according to their website schedule, MPT is showing this Sunday the 19th at 5pm, and again at 2am. Comcast's DVR programmer seems to disagree, so caveat emptor...

Cox's program guide lists it on Create today at 8 am, 2 pm, and 8 pm, and tomorrow at 2 am. According to the program guide, it's the Birmingham, AL, episode. I don't think that's the one with Cathal et al.

Cox's program guide lists it on Create today at 8 am, 2 pm, and 8 pm, and tomorrow at 2 am. According to the program guide, it's the Birmingham, AL, episode. I don't think that's the one with Cathal et al.

I looked up the guide on createtv.com, and saw Create had that listing for Cathal, with the description for Birmingham. Sure enough, I just checked, and it is the Birmingham episode.

Not TV, but Todd Thrasher just called in to the Eliot in the Morning Show on DC101 (101.1 FM) to advise Eliot on the new Wayne Gretzky wine.

Eliot: "Who's this?"

Todd: "Todd Thrasher."

Eliot: "And what do you do?"

Todd: "I own three restaurants and am a registered sommelier."

Eliot: "Oh really, which restaurants?"

Me: [Hand to forehead]

Okay, so maybe I'm a snob in a bubble but I thought everyone knew about Todd Thrasher! He's been profiled in every city paper...

/irrelevance. Return to your regularly scheduled program.

Not TV, but Todd Thrasher just called in to the Eliot in the Morning Show on DC101 (101.1 FM) to advise Eliot on the new Wayne Gretzky wine.

Eliot: "Who's this?"

Todd: "Todd Thrasher."

Eliot: "And what do you do?"

Todd: "I own three restaurants and am a registered sommelier."

Eliot: "Oh really, which restaurants?"

Me: [Hand to forehead]

Okay, so maybe I'm a snob in a bubble but I thought everyone knew about Todd Thrasher! He's been profiled in every city paper...

/irrelevance. Return to your regularly scheduled program.

True, Thrasher has been profiled a lot, but still I wouldn't necessarily expect him to be known but anyone not particularly interested in food. Also, he doesn't own 3 restaurants does he?

True, Thrasher has been profiled a lot, but still I wouldn't necessarily expect him to be known but anyone not particularly interested in food. Also, he doesn't own 3 restaurants does he?
If I'm not mistaken, I believe he is a partner with the Armstrongs in Restaurant Eve, Eamonn's, and The Majestic.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe he is a partner with the Armstrongs in Restaurant Eve, Eamonn's, and The Majestic.

That could be - I've just always seen Cathal and Michelle listed as co-owner and him mentioned as mixologist and sommelier.