Dining in Fairfax

Anything new in Fairfax? gnatharobed and I are heading to the Muse/Silversun Pickups show tomorrow night.

I'm headed out to, but don't know of any place good out there. Was thinking of hitting up Bamian in Falls Church...but if anyone has ideas closer to George Mason, let us all know! I'd rather battle the delightful GMU traffic post-concert rather than before the main act (missed many an opening act due to the parking situation there, ugh.)

Updates? I'm going to a concert at the Patriot Center next Thursday. I'll be leaving Bethesda around 5:30 & we will have some time to kill before the show. I know absolutely nothing about the area so easy to get to is a priority.

Alternately, does Patriot Center allow tailgating?

Updates? I'm going to a concert at the Patriot Center next Thursday. I'll be leaving Bethesda around 5:30 & we will have some time to kill before the show. I know absolutely nothing about the area so easy to get to is a priority.

There's nothing good in University Mall (right across Braddock Road from the Patriot Center). That means you'd have to make a slight detour somewhere along your route and eat at least a few minutes away. Anything in particular you are looking for?

Alternately, does Patriot Center allow tailgating?

From here (PDF file):

Tailgating is permitted in Lots A & K. Please make sure

your tailgate set-up does not impede traffic flow or

take up needed parking spaces. Charcoal grills are not

permitted, and tents need to be secured or dismantled

if left unattended.

On 3/8/2011 at 11:31 AM, The Hersch said:

Since recommending it upthread, I have dined at Villa Mozart in Fairfax City several times, and it always impresses me. A wonderful restaurant with wonderful food and wonderful service.

I second this recommendation. This is our new favorite local restaurant. The food is consistently good, the service is friendly and attentive, and the prices won't make your head explode. On weeknights they have a 3-course menu that is very reasonable.

---

Samurai Japanese Steak & Sushi Bar (weezy)