brr

As most of you know I'm a big fan of Vidalia's $19.90 3-course lunch special. I also enjoy the Proof $12 lunch entree + glass of wine at the bar special. Eve is another but not practical for lunch for anyone working in DC.

Are there other attractive lunch specials I am missing in the Dupont/Downtown area for folks who are nto on expense accounts. Not interested in RW specials, but in longer running deals.

Feel free to move to another forum if necessary/appropriate.

Greek Deli is always a great option, although that's not a sitdown restaurant. $10 will get you a mediterranean feast.

PS7s had a $20 lunch deal running at the bar the last time I was there, but I don't know if they're still running it. Even if they aren't, just spend $10 and order the burger that has Reuben toppings on it and call it a day. It's absolutely delicious and there's no way that you could stuff anything else down your gullet after eating that monster.

Oya always has $20 lunch and $30 dinner menus running.

Looking for suggestions of any restaurants in DC that offer lunch deals during the week. By lunch deals, I mean something along the lines of the Lickety Split lunch at Restaurant Eve (although I'm not expecting as great a bargain as that!!) We are looking for a place that is metro accessible. THANKS!

Looking for suggestions of any restaurants in DC that offer lunch deals during the week. By lunch deals, I mean something along the lines of the Lickety Split lunch at Restaurant Eve (although I'm not expecting as great a bargain as that!!) We are looking for a place that is metro accessible. THANKS!

Not quite the same, but it reminded me to ask: does Proof still do the deal of an entrée plus a glass of a wine for $12?

All over the northern Virginia 'burbs there are Indo-Pak buffets in the $6.99 to $7.99 range, all you can eat. Not sure if that is happening downtown or not, where the beffuets tend to be Asian-run (and loosely inspired) and pay-by-the-pound.

My favorite lunch deal in the northern Virginia suburbs is at PassionFish -- $15 gets you the standard amuse of croutons with smoked whitefish rilette, a bowl of soup or gumbo (or else a salad), and one of the daily entree specials, like lobster roll on Monday or shrimp and grits on Tuesday....best deal in Reston, in my humble opinion.

Bibiana does a glass wine + Pasta + scoop of gelato for $15 at the bar. Picked from 2 wines, 5+ pastas, and 5+ gelato flavors when I was there recently.

I second the head-turning PassionFish $15 - good deal if in Reston. Minerva(s) have a grand Indian buffett at a low price. Clydes Tysons knocks 20% off the entire bill if you order by 11:30 M-F. Nortons @ Tysons I (by Banana Republic) knocks 25% off the entire bill before Noon weekdays.

Lest we forget, Restaurant Week luncheon prices are soon upon us in August.

I was surprised to see a lunch deal at Sushi Ko in Chevy Chase this week. It runs 7 days a week, not just weekdays. $20.10 gets you three courses. First is a choice of miso soup, seaweed salad, and another option I can't remember. Second is salmon ceviche or shrimp tempura. Third is four pieces of sushi and one maki or chicken teriyaki. The seaweed salad was a surprisingly substantial amount; the ceviche has four slices of carpaccio thickness with salmon roe. A surprisingly good deal, given that small plates can cost as much as $12 here. And of course, the overall quality was quite good, making this a steal with respect to a sushi restaurant, especially now that Sushi Taro has upgraded itself.

I was surprised to see a lunch deal at Sushi Ko in Chevy Chase this week. It runs 7 days a week, not just weekdays. $20.10 gets you three courses. First is a choice of miso soup, seaweed salad, and another option I can't remember. Second is salmon ceviche or shrimp tempura. Third is four pieces of sushi and one maki or chicken teriyaki. The seaweed salad was a surprisingly substantial amount; the ceviche has four slices of carpaccio thickness with salmon roe. A surprisingly good deal, given that small plates can cost as much as $12 here. And of course, the overall quality was quite good, making this a steal with respect to a sushi restaurant, especially now that Sushi Taro has upgraded itself.

I would assume that this deal would be unofficially part of Bethesda-Chevy Chase's Restaurant Week instead of an ongoing deal.

Proof has a lunch with a glass of wine deal (didn't look at the price..unfortunately, the Feds aren't as forward thinking as the French to allow wine with lunch). It's good at the bar only. (Looks like I didn't go back far enough, someone already posted the Proof lunch. Now I'm going to have to check the price to make sure it hasn't changed).