Kliman Online, Todd Kliman's Chog - Tuesdays 11-12 AM on Washingtonian.com

Meaghan

Whenever TK is up to the task, I sure hope his chat returns. His chats are informative, and provide welcome perspective. Despite some technical issues, it sure seemed like he was willing to spend time taking and answering just about every question.

As a side note, I think the Washingtonian's new format is horrible. I've lived in the area only 4 years, so I don't have the perspective of many here, but I used to find the magazine and website useful at times. (I even subscribed for a year.) Now, TK's chat is the only time I think of the Washingtonian.

• Like 1

Their new website is awful and seems like it offers much less content. It looks like a decent blog vs a major(?) glossy publication.

It's also odd that they haven't said anything about Kliman returning, especially since they've released the top 100 list, and I'm sure there are plenty of questions. His last chat was 12/8, and I understand he's going through a rough time, but it's been nearly 3 months without a word from him or the publication.

Am very sorry to hear that Todd Kliman is leaving Washingtonian at the end of May. I respect his opinions on restaurants and particularly enjoyed his weekly chats.  Todd's voice on DC dining will be missed.  I read somewhere- I think on Tom Sietsema's chat- that they aren't replacing him.  I'm not sure what that means- I don't think they are abandoning restaurant reviews- but maybe reducing the focus?  I hope this isn't true. 

• Like 2

Am very sorry to hear that Todd Kliman is leaving Washingtonian at the end of May. I respect his opinions on restaurants and particularly enjoyed his weekly chats.  Todd's voice on DC dining will be missed.  I read somewhere- I think on Tom Sietsema's chat- that they aren't replacing him.  I'm not sure what that means- I don't think they are abandoning restaurant reviews- but maybe reducing the focus?  I hope this isn't true. 

It would be perfectly logical for Ann (née) Limpert to become their critic.

I get the impression from Todd that he's going to be very content, professionally. That certainly will not ease the pain of losing both of his parents, but I wonder if that had anything to do with motivating him to do what would make them the most proud (I don't know what he's going to be doing, but the loss of a loved one can really change your priorities in life).

• Like 1