Baci Vini + Locanda, Adams Morgan - Botched.

It was the Italian-style Anzu before, and the owners had plans for a lounge upstairs. I'm guessing (from afar with no actual knowledge of the recent situation :lol: ) that they decided to make the lounge/club upstairs Anzu, and rejigger the restaurant downstairs and Baci is what they came up with. The space is nice and airy but I can't speak for the food...

It was the Italian-style Anzu before, and the owners had plans for a lounge upstairs. I'm guessing (from afar with no actual knowledge of the recent situation :lol:   ) that they decided to make the lounge/club upstairs Anzu, and rejigger the restaurant downstairs and Baci is what they came up with. The space is nice and airy but I can't speak for the food...

I was there last week. We ate at the bar downstairs, after leaving a Very Expensive Italian Restaurant because it wasn't fun. The bartender, Kristina, took great care of us. The food was good, and was less than half the cost of the same items at the Very Expensive Italian Restaurant. Kristina was super charming. Nice selection of Italian wines by the glass. Check it out.

Not a bad spot. Four friends and I booked a table at Baci Vini + Locanda after learning that Al Crostino didn't have room for us Saturday night. I was charged with finding something similar--it didn't have to be Italian, just affordable in a reasonably lively neighborhood.

I reluctantly ordered gnocchi with a tomato cream sauce after the waiter assured me it was his favorite. The sauce was less than exciting, making me wish I'd ignored his recommendation and chosen gnocchi with meat ragu, but surprisingly the gnocchi were enjoyable. I tasted my neighbor's pappardelle with spinach (and some other items I'm blanking on) and although it didn't suit my taste, she ate the whole thing.

While I wouldn't describe my meal as a memorable one, it was reasonably satisfying. With tax, tip, two shared appetizers (the platter of Italian meats and a just OK mozzarella caprese), lots of wine, five entrees, one dessert, a few after dinner drinks, etc., it was still only about $40 per person.