Badoit water est arrivée en Washington, D.C.

Joe Riley

Badoit water in GLASS bottles, has finally arrived in Washington, D.C.

It has been available in PVC liters via one or two food distributors for some time, and some of you may have seen it at restaurants, but the glass bottles haven't been available here through "normal" channels as far as I know. I've been looking for this for nine years.

This has now changed.

Evian (or their parent company, Group Danone) controls the U.S. distribution for Badoit now (they've always owned it or distributed it in France)and it's funny because nine years ago, I asked an Evian representative about Badoit and he informed me that "Evian will never bring Badoit to the U.S. because the U.S. could absorb the entire annual production." Seriously, that's what he said.

Better scientific minds than my own can expound upon the health benefits of Badoit (it does have a decent magnesium and calcium content. All I know is, it doesn't have a "hard" mineral taste, it's softer, if that makes any sense.

I personally put Badoit up at the top, along with Gerolsteiner (Germany), Highland Park (Scotland), and Saratoga (New York) as my favorite mineral waters. No, it isn't cheap, but it IS a different sparkling mineral water experience, and I think, a better one.

Available in 11.2 oz bottles (might be PVC), and 25.4 oz (750ml) glass.

Official Site (in French): Badoit

Thank you! Or, as I said when I picked it up, "effusive praise"!

Any idea what Badoit Rouge is? A more carbonated version?

You mean what comes in the PVC 1.0-liter bottles? I think it's just cheaper packaging, but come by the store and I can sell you a bottle so you can compare. :rolleyes:

Badoit water in GLASS bottles, has finally arrived in Washington, D.C.

"I personally put Badoit up at the top, along with Gerolsteiner (Germany), Highland Park (Scotland), and Saratoga (New York) as my favorite mineral waters. No, it isn't cheap, but it IS a different sparkling mineral water experience, and I think, a better one."

Thanks for posting this info, Joe. Badoit really is excellent. My favorite sparkling water brands (in no particular order) are Spa (Belgium), San Benedetto (Italy), and Saratoga (New York). I also think San Pellegrino is OK. Am not a fan of Gerolsteiner or Perrier.

I've had Badoit in the red plastic bottles ("intensement petillante" as the website puts it, as opposed to the lighter variety in the green bottle) at Bistrot du Coin. It was quite good. I need a greater acquaintance to determine whether it's a fave.

I too am fond of Gerolsteiner. I remember Ferrarelle & the Swiss Valser as being my all-time favorites but it's been a long time since I've had either.

Thanks for posting this info, Joe. Badoit really is excellent. My favorite sparkling water brands (in no particular order) are Spa (Belgium), San Benedetto (Italy), and Saratoga (New York). I also think San Pellegrino is OK. Am not a fan of Gerolsteiner or Perrier.

I really like Gerolsteiner, but Perrier is way harsh.

Ever tried to guzzle a chilled bottle of Perrier on a hot day? :( It feels like it tears at your throat.