2941 - Worth a Day Off Work?

mallomar

I'm invited to a weekday lunch at 2941. There will be a set menu (2 main course options, AFAIK). I'd have to take most of the day off work, which is not easy. But is 294 spectacular? Totally awesome? If I don't go, will I regret it (soon, and for the rest of my life)?

I'm invited to a weekday lunch at 2941. There will be a set menu (2 main course options, AFAIK). I'd have to take most of the day off work, which is not easy. But is 294 spectacular? Totally awesome? If I don't go, will I regret it (soon, and for the rest of my life)?

Not sure if you've ever been, but if not, 2941 is truly one of the most spectacular, beautiful restaurants, anywhere. They have - among other superb works of art (including the legendary jellyfish, dangling down like apricot yo-yos) - two original Pissarros which you can gape at. The food should be very good, perhaps excellent. Service will be great, too. Is that worth a day off work? Only you can answer that ... :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Rocks.

You had me at Pissarro.

Nope, never been to 2941. I love good food, but generally go to casual places. Don't like to play dress-up. (Or accessorize.)

I know the 2941 web site says "business casual," but I work at home, so MY business casual is shorts, t-shirt, and flip-flops!

Gotta arrange for a day off, and go ransack the closet ...

Thanks,

mallomar

The real question is do you work hourly? If you are salaried go. If you are hourly could you make enough in those hours missed to go for dinner some night?