Whole Pig BBQ at Cafe Saint-Ex bene Fillmore Arts Center

zoramargolis

This morning at the Dupont Market, I asked Bruce about the heavy-duty bbq rig he was towing behind the Eco-Friendly truck. Here's the scoop:

He's bbqing a 320 pound pig for a special meal at Cafe St. Ex (14th and T).

Service starts at 11 on Monday. He figures it'll be pretty much gone by 12:30.

Bruce figures it'll take 22 hours to cook this porker, and he'll be up all night.

There's also going to be a sauce tasting--several people around town are making their own version. Bruce is making a bourbon-peach sauce.

I wish I were high-tech enough to figure out how to send photos from my phone to this website. I have great pictures of Bruce and Eric (and the pig of course). The pork was supermoist, the barbecue sauce contest was delicious and Bruce and Eric were their usual entertaining selves.

I wish I were high-tech enough to figure out how to send photos from my phone to this website. I have great pictures of Bruce and Eric (and the pig of course). The pork was supermoist, the barbecue sauce contest was delicious and Bruce and Eric were their usual entertaining selves.

Glad to hear you went. I was wavering between darting down for that, but nature called. No, not that one, a hiking trail. :rolleyes:

Will be fun to see the pics once you can post.