11th Annual Heart's Delight Wine Tasting & Auction

Amber.M

I recently made the big move up to DC after graduating from UNC-Chapel Hill (GO HEELS!) and heard about this awesome event from some friends of mine who were already settled in the area. The Heart's Delight Wine Tasting and Auction is an awesome 3-day event that takes place in May, but plans are already well under way for 2010. It's a 3-day shindig that takes place over a Thursday, Friday, and Saturday in May. (I'll keep you posted on the dates)

Here's a break down of every day, it sounds amazing, plus all the proceeds go towards the American Heart Association, even more amazing.

Thursday: offers a series of intimate wine dinners with an international flair in homes,

restaurants and Embassies with a host, chef and winemaker at each.

Friday: features an exclusive Vintners Dinner at the Andrew W. Mellon Auditorium highlighting

the wines of the first growth of Bordeaux. (Past dinners have featured Château Latour and Château

d’Yquem in 2004 and 2009, Château Haut-Brion in 2005, Château Margaux in 2006, and Château

Mouton Rothschild in 2007). The dinner is followed by a live auction led by Sotheby’s JAMIE RITCHIE

and a Member of Congress will be honored with the annual Leadership Award (past Honorees

have included, Hon Steny Hoyer, Hon Richard Neal, Hon Jim McCrery and Hon Bill Frist).

Saturday: virtual tour of Bordeaux starting with a formal seated tasting of twenty 2007 Bordeaux

where Chateau owners and directors bring their wines to life. There are also exciting

seminars, food prepared by some of the nation’s top chefs and wine from the world’s best vineyards

as well as live and silent auctions where guests may bid on exclusive travel opportunities, dining

experiences and rare and exceptional wines.

Last year, chefs from all over the country came out including Jamie Lauren from Bravo's Top Chef along with local favorites like Geoff Tracy who owns three delicious restaurants in the DC area (Chef Geoff's Downtown - DC, Chef Geoff's - AU/Wesley Heights area, and Lia's - Chevy Chase).

here's the website for the event: www.heartsdelightwineauction.org

I'll be sure to keep you guys updated on the news about the 2010 event, sounds like a great fundraiser that some of you fellow food and wine lovers may be interested in!

until then,

Amber.M