Falafel near the Pentagon

PJC III

Looking for a good falafel sandwich on the VA side of the river within about 10 - 15 minutes of the Pentagon. I used to get them all the time at Jerusalem when they first opened (six, seven years ago?) but have not been back there in a while (just haven't had the chance). They had sticks of pickled daikon, I think, or some sort of radishy thing that gave them a nice crunch and they were dirt cheap to boot.

Lebanese Taverna take-out has falafel, don't they?

I have a buddy who has never had falafel at all and wants to try.

Thanks,

Phil

Looking for a good falafel sandwich on the VA side of the river within about 10 - 15 minutes of the Pentagon. I used to get them all the time at Jerusalem when they first opened (six, seven years ago?) but have not been back there in a while (just haven't had the chance). They had sticks of pickled daikon, I think, or some sort of radishy thing that gave them a nice crunch and they were dirt cheap to boot.

Thanks,

Phil

Just yesterday I saw a rather garish, blinking sign at Cafe Nessma advertising falafel, although I can't vouch for it one way or the other.

But I have to think Layalina might be a better option.

And Pita House may even be better still.

(There must be a place or two on 23rd Street in Crystal City as well.)

Aha!

Cheers,

Rocks.

Thanks,

Phil

I normally recommend only the original location on Washington Blvd or the market on Lee Hwy, but Lebanese Taverna in Pentagon Row may be a "very close by" option for ya. You can either get it loaded on a pita as a sandwich or as an appetizer with the tahini (sesame paste) on the side.