Martha's Table Night at Eola - 25% of Sales

DonRocks

Dear Mr. Rockwell,

My name is Demetrios Recachinas and I manage the food programs at Martha's Table (www.marthastable.org), a local DC non-profit.

I am writing to call attention to an exciting new partnership we have embarked on with Eola (www.eoladc.com), a brand new Washington restaurant. Eola has graciously decided to donate 25% of their sales on Tuesday, September 29th, 2009, to help the children, youth, and families in need at Martha’s Table.

Every day, approximately 250 children and youth receive meals and snacks at Martha’s Table, in addition to tutoring, educational programming, and enrichment opportunities. These meals are packed with healthy ingredients to form a balanced diet that allows the children in our programs think, learn, and grow.

In addition to our children’s programs, Martha’s Table provides meals to over 250 individuals living on the streets each evening through McKenna’s Wagon, our mobile soup kitchen. We also provide nearly 500 families with emergency groceries throughout the month and supply lunch for the homeless clients at Hermano Pedro, another local non-proft. Our emphasis lies with education and healthy eating.

In total, we provided over 580,000 meals in 2008.

We are looking to make the most of this opportunity to bring together delicious food with a worthy cause. We here at Martha’s Table thought you were in a unique position to help raise awareness. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me via this e-mail or at 202-328-6608, ext. 214.

Thank you for your time.

Best,

Demetrios Recachinas

Manager, Food Programs

Martha's Table

2114 14th Street NW

Washington, DC 20009

(202) 328-6608 ext.214

Drecachinas@Marthastable.org