Sharing Wine Pairings At Restaurants

We do this all the time and I've never had to receive approval from the restaurant. Not sure why a restaurant would care?

Does one of you order the pairing and you share the same glass?

I was just pointing out that when we've asked about it, the staff (at several restaurants) has made it a very pleasant option by pouring a glass for both of us. This obviously takes a bit more time and dirties twice as much stemware. I appreciated them going out of their way to make the experience that much more enjoyable.

Does one of you order the pairing and you share the same glass?

I was just pointing out that when we've asked about it, the staff (at several restaurants) has made it a very pleasant option by pouring a glass for both of us. This obviously takes a bit more time and dirties twice as much stemware. I appreciated them going out of their way to make the experience that much more enjoyable.

Yes, we drink from the same glass, and no restaurant yet has offered to split the wine into 2 glasses (but we've never asked).

Yes, we drink from the same glass, and no restaurant yet has offered to split the wine into 2 glasses (but we've never asked).

I would ask - they've always been more than happy to accommodate when we've asked about it :rolleyes:

We don't do it all the time, but for a nice meal on a weeknight, a full pairing is sometimes just too much!