Preshow Dining near the Warner Theatre

StorageLady

Looking for a decent place to have pre-theatre dinner near the Warner Theatre. Since we can't have a lingering evening, we're not really interested in $100 pp dinner...Any suggestions? We like almost everything except sushi..It can be casual or more formal - as long as we can get in by 6 and out by 7:40

Thanks for the help!

Looking for a decent place to have pre-theatre dinner near the Warner Theatre. Since we can't have a lingering evening, we're not really interested in $100 pp dinner...Any suggestions? We like almost everything except sushi..It can be casual or more formal - as long as we can get in by 6 and out by 7:40

Thanks for the help!

I think Tosca's pre-theater menu ($35/pp, available 5:30-7:00 pm) fits the bill:

http://www.toscadc.com/menu-tasting.shtml

Tosca is at 11th & F St., and the food is consistently excellent.

EDIT: Another good option would be Cafe du Parc at 14th and Penn.

Thanks for the help!

We normally go to either Central or Tosca for pre-theater meals. However, last Saturday we decided to try something different and went to TenPenh. They have a $29/pp pre-theater deal in which you have a choice of 1 of 3 apps, 1 of 3 desserts, and ANY entree from their regular menu! Considering that some of the entrees are priced at or near $29 by themselves, this seemed like a very good deal.

Thanks for the suggestions. We couldn't get into Central or TenPenh - but we were able to get a table at Tosca....

Looking forward to it!

You're welcome. I think you'll enjoy the food at Tosca. I haven't been recently, but used to go quite often for business lunches and dinners (and my northern Italian clients have always been pleased). I don't see it as a place for a leisurely meal, but the quality of the food is consistently good, and the service is efficient and professional. Definitely it works when time is tight. Hope you enjoy your evening at Tosca and the Warner! :(