Life and Limb, and Limb and Life

Rovers2000

Has anyone out there spotted the Dogfish Head/Sierra Nevada collaboration beers: Limb & Life and Life & Limb? I'd love to get my hands on some but have yet to see them around town.

I had some of the Limb & Life (the "small" beer) when it was on tap at Churchkey. Hoppy and very drinkable. Heard it did not last long. I think this one is a draft only beer.

It mentions here that Life & Limb would begin showing up in DC this week, but I haven't seen it yet.

I had some of the Limb & Life (the "small" beer) when it was on tap at Churchkey. Hoppy and very drinkable. Heard it did not last long. I think this one is a draft only beer.

It mentions here that Life & Limb would begin showing up in DC this week, but I haven't seen it yet.

The DuPont location of BP had the Limb & Life and I thought it was rather blah. Nice coffee roast at the beginning then turned boring and lifeless. I did not have any desire to finish it. That said, I was told that they will have the Life & Limb at some point, keep checking the web site.

Has anyone out there spotted the Dogfish Head/Sierra Nevada collaboration beers: Limb & Life and Life & Limb? I'd love to get my hands on some but have yet to see them around town.

Life & Limb bottles at De Vinos in Adams Morgan as of last week. One per customer. Not cheap at $13. Ask at the counter, as they are not on display. This stuff has been impossible to find.

I don't know how, but I think 22 Bines is somehow related to the Limb-Life stuff. The Reef had a keg (which I think is now dead). It was a bit unbalanced, heavy on the hops, but I like my hops and it was low-alcohol (comparatively), so I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Hi,

My name is Tim and I'm the bar manager at Scion Restaurant. We are celebrating our 6 month anniversary this Sunday, January 10, 2010. To mark this special occasion, we will be tapping a keg of the Life and Limb. The Life and Limb is a collaborative beer between Sierra Nevada and Dogfish Head. It was one of the most sought after beers of 2009.

From 5-8pm, we will be offering the Life and Limb as part of a $12 tasting. Each tasting comes with a 6 oz pour of the Life and Limb, one savory pairing (maple glazed pork belly), and one sweet pairing (chocolate mousse). I would like to invite everyone who missed the first round of the Life and Limb to come down and try it out. If you liked it the first time, this is your last chance to have it again. If you don't want the pairing, and just want to try the beer, we will be offering the beer by itself at 8pm (while supplies last).

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me here or over e-mail: tim@scionrestaurant.com Here's some more info on the Life and Limb.

Tim

City Paper

dcbeer.com (#1)

dcbeer.com (#2)

I have to agree with Chris. While the beer was good, it wasn't worth hunting around for it (although, I owe a bit thanks to Chris for finding a cache of the stuff and pointing me in its direction...I certainly owe him a beer).

I've got a bottle that I'm going to let age to see how that impacts it, but its not something I'd run to order on draft if I had the chance as there are so many good beers out there right now.

Not worth the hype IMHO.

What he said. /\

A bit of a letdown. Interesting, but not worth the price/hype/hunt.

I never got a chance to try it, but I don't see why a collaboration between two "famous but marginal" macro-micro breweries would result in magic nectar. With all the American beers out there I haven't had a chance to try (most of which will be over-hopped and needlessly assertive), I just didn't see putting forth the effort for this one.

While I agree it was overhyped (but what did you expect from a beer produced between two of the seminal breweries in the country) it wasn't bad by any means, and I am very glad I got to try it new to see what happens as it ages. Knowing Dogfish very good things should happen - most of their beers are significantly better after a couple of years in the cellar.