Bowers Fancy Dairy Products

mbowers

It's not very close to you, but Bowers cheese shop at Eastern Market has the Lewes heavy cream. I'm not sure if they have creme fraiche, but the Marvelous Market across the street usually stocks it, if you wanted to do one stop shopping in that area. It might be the Vermont Creamery, but I'm not sure. Also not sure of the price.

Hi, this is Mike Bowers @ Bowers Fancy Dairy Products in Eastern Market and yes we have Lewes Dairy Cream and Egg Nog!

I get down to Eastern Market only once in a blue moon, but thanks for reminding me about the cheese shop there. Creme fraiche isn't really an issue, since I can get that at Trader Joe's. And TJ's also has Garlick Farms heavy cream, which isn't as good as Lewes Dairy, but isn't bad--at least it's not ultra-pasteurized. Lewes Dairy cream is just emblematic of the many high-end products that are hard to find all in one place that's five minutes from my house and has convenient free parking, like the New Mexico Avenue Balducci's.

The Creme Fraiche at Bowers Fancy Dairy Products is fresh made regularly in small batches, using Lewes Dairy Cream when we have it in stock.