Discount Coupons

clayrae

New discount deal in town - www.villagevines.com - $10.00 buys 30% off on the entire check (food and beverage) at a small but growing group of DC area restaurants. No coupon, they make the reservation for you and the discount comes automatically. Membership is free. Tried it in NYC twice this week and it worked flawlessly (including Le Cirque). Not a lot of heavy hitters yet, but a couple of goodies, including Prime Rib, Vidalia, Sou'Wester. Coco Sala, and Bistro Bis.

Village Vines math.

You pay $10 to get 30% off your bill. If your bill is $100, you save $20. If your bill is $150, you save $35. If your bill is $200, you save $50.

Most other gift certificates give you twice what you paid for. If you pay $25, you get a $50 off. If your bill is $100, you save $25. If your bill is $150 or $200, you still save $25.

Seems like if you plan on spending more than $100, you ought to look first at Village Vines.

Sushiko $40 certificate for $20, at the Wisconsin Ave. branch on Groupon. Presumably this can be used for omakase at the sushi bar? BTW, how do you make a reservation for the sushi bar omakase?

I've used it for the omakase at the sushi bar before with no problem (can't remember if it was Groupon or Living Social). To make a reservation, I just called and specifically asked to be seated at the Sushi Bar with Koji.

Nope, the $77 deal includes both the food and cocktails. It's an amazing value, and makes this "deal" slightly confusing.

I got an email from Corner Dish the other day saying they were done. The restaurants are still honoring the deals that haven't been used though, which is a good thing b/c I haven't used my Gina deal yet. But interesting that they tanked given all the press on Living Social and Groupon. I suppose limiting to just restaurants was too narrow? If you are a restaurant owner/manager, I suppose you would rather do your deal on one with a wider audience? I kind of liked that it was only restaurants and that I didn't have to deal with a daily delete of pedicure specials. At least I got one awesome deal out of it.

I got an email from Corner Dish the other day saying they were done. The restaurants are still honoring the deals that haven't been used though, which is a good thing b/c I haven't used my Gina deal yet. But interesting that they tanked given all the press on Living Social and Groupon. I suppose limiting to just restaurants was too narrow? If you are a restaurant owner/manager, I suppose you would rather do your deal on one with a wider audience? I kind of liked that it was only restaurants and that I didn't have to deal with a daily delete of pedicure specials. At least I got one awesome deal out of it.

As I mentioned above, I don't think that PS7's "deal" is really a deal at all. It normally costs $77, but Corner Dish was charging $107. So maybe they would've succeeded if they offered actual bargains....

$25 for $50 Worth at Willow Restaurant on Groupon. Too bad it is not valid for the bar menu.

No, it can't be used for the bar menu, but Willow has extended Restaurant Week to this coming week (because of the inclement weather), and the Groupon can be used for the Restaurant Week deal (I verified). That combination is a pretty darned good deal. The offer expires tonight at midnight, I believe.

Present coupon, $20 for $45.

I'd never heard of Specialicious until I read this post. It seems like the default is 'no alcoholic beverages included unless specifically stated otherwise' which makes things much less attractive. Is this true for the current Present deal, i.e., if I want a beer with dinner, is that not included in the deal? It seems like with Groupon and Living Social, the deals generally include all food and beverage items, although these discount coupons are somewhat new to me.

I'd never heard of Specialicious until I read this post. It seems like the default is 'no alcoholic beverages included unless specifically stated otherwise' which makes things much less attractive. Is this true for the current Present deal, i.e., if I want a beer with dinner, is that not included in the deal? It seems like with Groupon and Living Social, the deals generally include all food and beverage items, although these discount coupons are somewhat new to me.

I just saw this note Don.... I've only gotten the Present coupon from this site so I'm not sure if its a Specialicious thing or a Present thing.

An interesting article on using Groupon. Clickey Here

More realistically, between 60 and 80 percent of Groupon customers will redeem their coupons before the expiration date. Of course, it's possible (though unlikely) that you'll have a 90 percent or even 100 percent redemption rate.

I'd been wondering about the redemption rate. For those in the know, does that (60 - 80 %)seem like a reasonable range?

The main reason that I've never bought into one is that I know that it is more likely than not that I would never use the thing.

An interesting article on using Groupon. Clickey Here

I'd been wondering about the redemption rate. For those in the know, does that (60 - 80 %)seem like a reasonable range?

The main reason that I've never bought into one is that I know that it is more likely than not that I would never use the thing.

I've started making reservations as soon as I buy them. Plus, I mark the expiration on the calendar. I've been remiss a few times and kick myself in the ass for letting coupons expire. So far, it's working.