Pizze, in the old Petits Plats To Go space in Woodley Park

The carry-out part of Petit Plats is the subject of today's Weekly Dish. I've only been in to pick up dinner once, a couple of months ago when it first opened. I remember paying quite a pretty penny for an okay small lobster bisque and an apple and endive salad. Sounds from Tom's article I should head back for a proper entree...

The carry-out part of Petit Plats is the subject of today's Weekly Dish. I've only been in to pick up dinner once, a couple of months ago when it first opened. I remember paying quite a pretty penny for an okay small lobster bisque and an apple and endive salad. Sounds from Tom's article I should head back for a proper entree...

Glad to see people are chiming in about PP, and glad to see it's in the Weekly Dish-bet you he got the idea from my post. Unlike Tom, I've never gotten a free baguette there...Anyway, I only take exception to the description of the entrees described from the to-go case. They're not quite as good as in the restaurant, and the portions are certainly smaller (though they are priced down to about $12 or so) and that includes the bisques and soups. To my mind, the chicken is really the stand-out on the lower level, as well as the baguettes.

To my mind, the chicken is really the stand-out on the lower level, as well as the baguettes.

May I safely assume they've changed their baguettes in the past year? The one thing that stands out from my last visit is how drearily industrial the bread seemed.

Cheers,

Rocks.

May I safely assume they've changed their baguettes in the past year? The one thing that stands out from my last visit is how drearily industrial the bread seemed.

Cheers,

Rocks.

The last time we went, they did give us a free baguette. The bread is still dreary, but not bad when it comes stuffed inside the roast chicken, soaking up all the juices.

I ordered a Maile ($14) pizza to go last night, with a great combination of tomato sauce, mozzarella, pancetta, Italian sausage, salami, and onions. We said we'd be back in 15 minutes (and went over for an appetizer at Sake Club). When we returned, about 30 minutes later, we had decided to dine in - our pizza had gotten lukewarm from sitting in the carryout box, but that was the only thing that kept this from being an excellent, perfectly topped and cooked pie. I can't vouch for the rest of what Pizze is offering these days, but the pizza oven was roaring, both people working were very friendly, and this pizza was easily good enough to bring me back.

Cheers,

Rocks.