Christmas Weekend Dinner Around Frederick

sacrilicious

I have to arrange a dinner with family / friends (5 of us) for Saturday, December 26th. Some will be in Hagerstown, MD, others will be coming from DC, so we're trying to pick somewhere roughly in between. Frederick seems to fit the bill.

Everyone's first choice is, of course, Volt. Three of the group are vegetarians (and one of them, while not formally vegan, also tends to avoid eggs and cheese). Volt was very accommodating with the menu the one time I was there. But I'm not sure, post-"Top Chef," whether a reservation would even be available.

My second choice is the Tasting Room, which I've never been to. But their menu looks heavily meat and seafood based. I'll have to call to ask whether they can substitute or offer an alternative.

Are there any less obvious choices I should consider? Other restaurants maybe outside of Frederick but still in the area?

Perhaps Monocacy Crossing? There aren't too many veg options on the menu but they tend to be pretty accommodating.

http://www.monocacycrossing.com/

If you go to Monocacy Crossing, you must (must, must) sit on the dining room to the left side of the hallway as you approach the host stand. Unless they have remodeled within the past year or so, the other dining room does not have nearly the ambiance.

When you book your reservation, they are usually pretty accommodating about both seating and veggie-only requests. I usually order vegetarian at Monocacy. No slap-dash side-dish amalgamation here, it's been hearty fare with balanced flavors and main-dish legitimacy.

That being said, any appetizer with scallop should not be missed. The sear is always remarkably perfect.

If you go to Monocacy Crossing, you must (must, must) sit on the dining room to the left side of the hallway as you approach the host stand. Unless they have remodeled within the past year or so, the other dining room does not have nearly the ambiance.

When you book your reservation, they are usually pretty accommodating about both seating and veggie-only requests. I usually order vegetarian at Monocacy. No slap-dash side-dish amalgamation here, it's been hearty fare with balanced flavors and main-dish legitimacy.

That being said, any appetizer with scallop should not be missed. The sear is always remarkably perfect.

That's funny because I prefer the room to the right of the host stand :angry:. It looks like they did a small renovation of that room over the past few months (at least the paint looks new).