New Years Eve 2009

DanCole42

Alas, Parliament/Funkadelic is not playing Chocolate City this year so there is nothing to get me out in public New Year's Eve. I am considering going to sleep early and waking up in time to offer $50 rides to the thousands of stranded suburbanites who emerge about 2AM and overwhelm the city's taxi infrastructure.

Otherwise, a simple meal with expensive booze seems the perfect solution. Toast, caviar and iced vodka, say. Or maybe baked potatoes with truffles and something in a Charmes-Chambertin.

Alas, Parliament/Funkadelic is not playing Chocolate City this year so there is nothing to get me out in public New Year's Eve.

NYE 2006 was pretty epic. No sense in trying to top it, although if anyone could do it, it would be you.

I'll be making popcorn with the kids, watching the latest Harry Potter, then putting them to bed. I probably won't even stay up until midnight. No special meal.

I'm planning a meal of appetizers, though how much I'm making is yet to be determined. I had thought of having a small late afternoon-early evening open house, since the food I was planning to make would fit with that, but I'm not sure.

same tradition every new years (note: impossible to find sitters for the young ones). We go out to eat (not sure where this year) then we go to KK on Rt 1. I miss the old KK but the new one isn't bad. We get hot glazed with milk.

Its not time square but it is a tradition at my house.