GennaroE

dr.com $20 Dinner at Masala Art

Would anybody be interested in a $20 dinner at Masala Art next week? I walk by it just about every day, and I've wanted to try it since it opened, but I think the menu would best be explored with a large group. Plus it's been way too long since the last $20 Tuesday (which, oddly enough, was also Indian). I'm interested to see how Masala Art might compare to that feast, especially given some of the more unique items on the menu.

Since I have work on Tuesday nights, it would be more like a $20 Wednesday (Dec. 9th), at 7 PM. Kind of short notice, but if anybody's interested, I'd be happy to get it organized.

Would anybody be interested in a $20 dinner at Masala Art next week? I walk by it just about every day, and I've wanted to try it since it opened, but I think the menu would best be explored with a large group. Plus it's been way too long since the last $20 Tuesday (which, oddly enough, was also Indian). I'm interested to see how Masala Art might compare to that feast, especially given some of the more unique items on the menu.

Since I have work on Tuesday nights, it would be more like a $20 Wednesday (Dec. 9th), at 7 PM. Kind of short notice, but if anybody's interested, I'd be happy to get it organized.

I'd be intersted any evening this week except Wednesday. How about Thursday?

Would anybody be interested in a $20 dinner at Masala Art next week?

Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays work for me. Count me in.

Hopefully we can pin down a date for a dinner at Masala Art a few weeks from now, as I'm going to be back home in NJ from the 14th until January 3rd. Perhaps the Thursday of the week I come back (January 7th) would work? Anyone whose interested, post away, and I'll be happy to keep track and organize the dinner itself if a sizable group signs up.

Hopefully we can pin down a date for a dinner at Masala Art a few weeks from now, as I'm going to be back home in NJ from the 14th until January 3rd. Perhaps the Thursday of the week I come back (January 7th) would work? Anyone whose interested, post away, and I'll be happy to keep track and organize the dinner itself if a sizable group signs up.

If it entices anyone, I went to Masala Art a couple weeks ago, and have been negligent in not posting about it. There is no other restaurant like it in the DC area (and I'll explain why in a subsequent post). Go! Trust me.

January 7 would be keen. And I might be +1, if I can convince my sister to come out and play on her birthday (same day).

Count me in, and maybe add my S.O. Would love to know when it is getting confirmed for. All the support for the people who worked with me and have their own enterprise going now.

Count me in, as well. And maybe my wife as well. We had a meal at Masala Art last night and it was superb. I don't have the menu in front of me, so I can't get into some of the dishes we tried....but there is one thing you must have if you go. The rock salt and cilantro naan is a perfect compliment to the butter chicken, which was as good a version as I've tasted. There are so many unique dishes to try, so a group would be a good way to do some sharing.

Glad to see so many people are interested. I know there're a ton of dishes on the menu that I'm eager to try, so I'd love to get an army together for the purposes of trying as many dishes as possible. Seems like January 7th works for a lot of people, so that'll be the official date, barring natural disaster or similarly unforseen occurences. 7 PM is the usual time, so let's stick with that.

Figured I'd break this off from the Twenty Dollar Tuesday thread, as it isn't actually on a Tuesday, and may attract those who don't normally check that thread, and because enough people have signed up that we can be certain it'll actually take place. So...

Thursday, January 7th, 7PM, Masala Art (Indian), 4441-B Wisconsin Ave NW (Tenleytown Metro),DC

menu, DR.com topic

KMango(+1?)

Koolpaw

Sudhir Seth (+1?)

JeffC (+1?)

marketfan (+1)

elinw

Scott Johnston

Keep the sign ups coming, I want us to be able to tear through as much of that menu as possible.

Updated List:

KMango(+1?)

Koolpaw

Sudhir Seth (+1?)

JeffC (+1)

marketfan (+1)

elinw

Scott Johnston

Legant

ol_ironstomach (+1)

collije

Alok

Here's a link to the menu again. If you happen to start exploring, and you see any items that you already know you want to try, throw them up here or shoot me a PM. Also, anybody with questionable +1s, try to confirm so that we can close in on a final count in the next few days.

See you all Thursday.

We have to cancel out due to unforeseen circumstances. So scratch JeffC+1.....so sorry, as it should be quite a feast.