Happy New Year!

deangold

Just a moment to say Happy New Year! There are so many who I know thru this community. So to those who I ave broken bread with {or eaten pig belly in one form or another}, here's to a healthy, happy and prosperous 2010. Les hope that a year from now all here can look back and say 2010 was a simply great year!

Just a moment to say Happy New Year! There are so many who I know thru this community. So to those who I ave broken bread with {or eaten pig belly in one form or another}, here's to a healthy, happy and prosperous 2010. Les hope that a year from now all here can look back and say 2010 was a simply great year!

A big Happy New Year to you too, Dean, and to all our wonderful members!

Cheers, thank you, and let's do it again in '10!

Rocks

I really appreciate this board and all it's members...it's pretty rare these days to see forums that do not devolve into horrid flame-wars and utter nonsense. That's a tribute to Don's hard work, but also the members. So many of you know so much about food and the inner workings of restaurants, I've learned a lot about about both and tried a number of restaurants and dishes I probably never would have otherwise. Happy new year!

I actually had pork belly for New Year’s Eve dinner, then breakfast! Mission accomplished: ate, drank and remained merry! :angry: There’s a lot to be thankful for!

Happy New Year all!

The Great Stomach predicts:

Well actually, I don't have any real predictions for 2010, only wishes. As anyone who has met me can attest: I'm so unhip, I'd have trouble taking the pulse of Old Faithful much less the DC scene. But here's some stuff I'd like to see happen.

In addition to the planned openings in 2010, I wish for someone to open a serious kathi roll counter in the area, to balance out the horde of burrito joints. And cheese arepas - I don't know why this satisfying street-food snack isn't all over the damn place yet, but I wish it were.

You can't have enough good great pizza (wink wink).

We'll be drinking more and better likker, thanks in no small part to the incredible efforts of certain board members in raising awareness of better drinks, and making crucial quality ingredients available in the area. There will be a lot more iconoclastic booze in 2010, and I think much of it will be awful - this includes a lot of absinthe startups - but some of it will be inspirational. But I do hope that quality pisco continues to gain momentum, especially considering its lack of painful aftereffects. And even though I didn't get my Tiki wish for '09 (it probably really is too specialized and too associated with awful mock-Chinese food) I'm still hopeful for my odds of finding great rum drinks when the weather warms up.

My moment of shameless political shilling: 76 years later, Prohibition still ain't over. Marylanders for Better Beer and Wine Laws.

~~~

Thank you for listening.