A Quick Bite Between Citronelle and Restaurant Eve

mojoman

Hi,

We're checking out the private rooms at Citronelle and Restaurant Eve today. It will be lunchtime sometime between those stops. Can anyone recommend a quick bite to eat on the way from Cit to RE? We won't have time for a sit down thing...counter service preferred.

When you walk out of Citronelle, there's Baked and Wired (cupcakes, quiches) and Snap (crepes, bubble tea) within two blocks.

Assuming you'll exit the city via the Key Bridge, The Italian Store is a two-minute detour up Spout Run Parkway, with plenty of parking. Call ahead for your sandwich, else risk the peril of a soggy grab-and-go Milano.

If you take the Memorial or Roosevelt Bridge, you may wish to go directly to Old Town, where Fontaine Caffe and Creperie (crepes, light fare) is within one block of Restaurant Eve.

Sincerely yours,

Encyclopedia Brawn.

For counter service and a place to sit*

Buzz Cafe and Bakery on Slaters Lane.

King Street Cafe at 1018 King St- a small shop serving breakfast and lunch, with a couple tables. Nice place. Clean.

Le Madeline is across from Eve at King and N. Pitt.

The Blue and White is a tiny carry out and best kept secret. You should be driving right past it to get to Eve.

Bumblefish for sushi and more at 631 King (near S. Washington)

Bittersweet Cafe and Catering-nice corner cafe with good sandwiches, salads and a bunch of other options. Also on King St.

*no seating at Blue and White

We ended up having plenty of time and ate on the bistro side of Restaurant Eve.

I had the veal headcheese; she had an andouille salad

I had the braised pork belly; she had the pulled pork.

I had the cannoli; she had the butterfinger.

The first courses were excellent.

The pork belly came with turned turnips and brussel sprouts. There was much to much orgeano or marjorum on them....bleeech. I tried her pulled pork. As unlikely as this sounds, the polenta had too much butter.

I am not recommending the cannoli...too thick...too hard.