Restaurants in Deep Creek MD

schulju

Heading to Deep Creek MD for the long MLK weekend has been an annual event for us the last few years. Generally, we bring our resident chef with us, but he's got other committments this year. Does anyone have a favorite bar or restaurant in or around McHenry that they think we should check out?

Yes,

Please search for Western Maryland in the Intrepid Travel section, but here is my quick guide:

If you are skiing at Timberline or Canaan you really should stop at Sirianni's in Davis, WV for excellent pizza and good subs.

In Deep Creek I really like Canoe on the Run for lunch- sandwiches, great soup, wraps, etc.

Brenda's Pizzeria makes good red sauce Italian fare and decent NY style pizza. I like their vegetarian lasagna.

The best fancier place in the area is probably Pine Lodge.

Arrowhead Market to me has the nicest cuts of meat and their rotisserie chicken with some sides are a great pick up for dinner. Get some pepperoni rolls there for snacks.

Sugar and Spice is a wonderful Amish bakery in Pleasent Valley if you drive that way if you go skiing at Canaan or Timberline.

The Cornish Manor is pretty good, too.

I love the chicken salad at Get N Go a small little "Mart" on 135 in Oakland, they also have homemade bread there and other baked goods (but Sugar and Spice is better).

And now there is a brewpub near the Wisp that is good, maybe one of the best stops in the area. I forget the name, but it is just out Sang Run Road past the Wisp maybe about a mile on the left. (The name might be on my big post in the travel section)

Note that the area isn't a food mecca. Oh and the Mexican restaurant in Oakland isn't bad, better than some places around here.

See you up there.

So... where did you go? If you were at Sirianni's on Friday night you probably saw us, I was the person that accidentally played a Christmas song by typing in numbers wrong on the jukebox, but I also played Thriller and had the whole restaurant dancing in their chairs so I will call it even.

BTW if you are ever skiing at Timberline, the grilled chicken sandwich at the pub upstairs isn't nearly as terrible as most ski cafeteria food is.

So... where did you go? If you were at Sirianni's on Friday night you probably saw us, I was the person that accidentally played a Christmas song by typing in numbers wrong on the jukebox, but I also played Thriller and had the whole restaurant dancing in their chairs so I will call it even.

BTW if you are ever skiing at Timberline, the grilled chicken sandwich at the pub upstairs isn't nearly as terrible as most ski cafeteria food is.

We rent a house near Wisp and everyone took a turn at dinner. But we did have a great lunch at Mountain State, the brewpub on Sand Run Rd. Beers got a mixed review from our table, and the sangria was disappointing, but oh that flatbread pizza! Hubby and I shared a basil and sausage flatbread, I'm still craving it today!