• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well, my candied flowers didn't turn out as well as I hoped, but it's still a festive piece of work  

Saturday was dreary here in Southern CT, a perfect day to bake. My first attempt at Challah! I forgot to add the salt, didn't seem to affect the taste. I sprinkled it over the egg wash befor

I. Never. Bake. But my 91 year old dad wanted a custard pie. I dug up a recipe, followed it closely, and produced a pretty decent product. Dad was thrilled. 

Posted Images

woke up too early this morning, discovered my peaches needed to be used stat, checked the pantry, ended up using a Jiffy cornbread mix and doctored it with some extra sugar, and made a small peach dump cake with a sweet cornbread top.  Smells great.  I'll find out tonight if it was more of a waste of peaches than just tossing them out :D

• Like 3
On 10/1/2020 at 7:05 AM, weezy said:

woke up too early this morning, discovered my peaches needed to be used stat, checked the pantry, ended up using a Jiffy cornbread mix and doctored it with some extra sugar, and made a small peach dump cake with a sweet cornbread top.  Smells great.  I'll find out tonight if it was more of a waste of peaches than just tossing them out :D

Wasted peaches, sorry to say.  Not much flavor, texture was gritty and just unpleasant.  The muffin mix never absorbed the peach juices or steam while baking covered or the butter dotted on top.  Obviously that needed to be mixed up and treated more as a clafoutis than a dump cake.

• Sad 1

I was on a cookie streak- chocolate chip oatmeal, ginger apricot, apple butter...

I got over my hand pie streak, although it is sounding pretty good, I might go back on that bender, but they kept oozing. 

I also just bought a stick of pepperoni to make pepperoni rolls, which is good because I have a lot of whole wheat flour I need to use. 

Our previous law firm had what would be a very unexpected amount of sugar left in their kitchen, so now I have several pounds of sugar, and the possibilities are endless. 

• Like 1