Wedding Banquet for 400-500 People

DonRocks

I met someone last night who is considering Cafe Asia (Virginia), China Garden, and Sea Pearl for his wedding banquet next year - Sea Pearl may be a bit on the pricey side. Although he's not yet a member, he'll probably join after he reads this thread. Virginia takes precedence over both DC and Maryland. The place needs to be nice, and also must factor in that the families probably don't want Tex-Mex in a rowdy atmosphere. He looked at Fortune, and was unimpressed with the new ownership's menu (although it's certainly better than either Cafe Asia or China Garden).

I met someone last night who is considering Cafe Asia (Virginia), China Garden, and Sea Pearl for his wedding banquet next year - Sea Pearl may be a bit on the pricey side. Although he's not yet a member, he'll probably join after he reads this thread. Virginia takes precedence over both DC and Maryland. The place needs to be nice, and also must factor in that the families probably don't want Tex-Mex in a rowdy atmosphere. He looked at Fortune, and was unimpressed with the new ownership's menu (although it's certainly better than either Cafe Asia or China Garden).

Wu's Garden in Tyson's/Vienna is quite large, but I don't know if it's 400-500 people large (wow! big wedding!). It's known for entertaining groups, and while it may not be the "best" Chinese restaurant in the region, it's been a respected institution for many years.

Cafe Asia, China Garden, and Sea Pearl are all very different restaurants. China Garden does a lot of Chinese weddings. If he's looking for traditional Chinese round table banquet, China Garden is probably best at handling that.