Looking for companions/recommendations for dining out Sunday!‏

My best friend became a father Tuesday and we're going out to visit him (he lives in Frederick and we're coming from Abingdon) Sunday. My wife and I wanted to take this opportunity to try a restaurant in the Catonsville/Ellicott City/Columbia area.

We were interested in possibly brunch/lunch or dim sum on the way out or dinner on the way back. More specifically we want something we can't get in our area like good Korean or pho or dim sum or... anything ethnic basically. Mexican, Indian, Thai... We love it all.

We're more interested in experiencing something great and unique to the area. We're also looking for dining companions so we can try more food!

Please respond with any recommendations and any/all are welcome if you want to join us!

Thanks,

Kyle

My best friend became a father Tuesday and we're going out to visit him (he lives in Frederick and we're coming from Abingdon) Sunday. My wife and I wanted to take this opportunity to try a restaurant in the Catonsville/Ellicott City/Columbia area.

We were interested in possibly brunch/lunch or dim sum on the way out or dinner on the way back. More specifically we want something we can't get in our area like good Korean or pho or dim sum or... anything ethnic basically. Mexican, Indian, Thai... We love it all.

We're more interested in experiencing something great and unique to the area. We're also looking for dining companions so we can try more food!

Please respond with any recommendations and any/all are welcome if you want to join us!

Thanks,

Kyle

In this area, the Ellicott City Korean community is second in size only to Annandale's. Maybe the least-current restaurant thread on our website (where the restaurant remains open), Han Sung?

You might want to consider Thai Aroma. Every time that I've eaten at there, it's been consistently good. They don't seem to suffer from the same affliction of low spice levels and over-sweetness which has affected lots of Thai restaurants where I've eaten.

The last time I ate there was about 8 months ago, and it was good then.

You could also go to Asian Court in Ellicott CIty for dim sum. Hunan Taste in Catonsville is pretty good as well.

Saw you got scolding from Jon Parker on the charm city hound board- what's that about?

I'm not sure what that was about. I always thought those boards were like a small dinner group, not some Chowhound affiliated Nazi regime. Kidding of course, but yeah I guess I just won't post on there until I know where I want to eat!

I attended the most recent Charm City Hounds outting to Hunan Taste. It was interesting that's for sure, but I want to try something I haven't had.

I've narrowed down my choices. I think if we can find some dining partners then I want to try either dim sum at Asian Court or the Korean BBQ at Shin Chon. If it's just going to be the two of us we might try Pho Nam or Pho Saigon as I've heard so much about pho but have yet to try it. The closest thing I've had is the beef noodle soup at Happy Beef Noodle House in Flushing, NY.