Korean Food Cart (White), NE Corner of K St. and Vermont Ave.

My friend and I stopped by today to try the bulgogi. We ordered a small, which is one of those clamshell sizes that McDs burgers used to come in for $4. The bulgogi had that overtenderized furry texture, and the flavor was okay, but I really prefer the yellow cart that's just a block or so up. They don't offer bi bim bap, but they do have two types of kimchee - one spicier than the other. It smelled very pungent, but wasn't really that strong once you try it. I'd recommend just going to the other cart.

On my way back to my office with lunch from the Juice Joint Cafe, I walked past a Korean food cart on the North side of K street between 15th and 14th. I spied the simple, handwritten menu and beautiful kimchi on display and decided I was going to eat two lunches today. You only have 6 choices : dumplings, Bibimbap, Beef teriyaki, Chicken Teryaki, Spicy Chicken, and Spicy Pork. I ordered the small spicy pork and it was great, served with a big scoop of perfectly cooked rice and a healthy portion of kimchi.

It was enough for a meal, and it was $4, even.

On my way back to my office with lunch from the Juice Joint Cafe, I walked past a Korean food cart on the North side of K street between 15th and 14th. I spied the simple, handwritten menu and beautiful kimchi on display and decided I was going to eat two lunches today. You only have 6 choices : dumplings, Bibimbap, Beef teriyaki, Chicken Teryaki, Spicy Chicken, and Spicy Pork. I ordered the small spicy pork and it was great, served with a big scoop of perfectly cooked rice and a healthy portion of kimchi.

It was enough for a meal, and it was $4, even.

Kudos for the dual lunch plan! You only live once but can always lunch twice.

I often snag the veggie bibimbap from that same cart, it's a gem. You can have it with or without the egg. But don't forget the spicy sauce, ask for extra. Walk down to the park at Franklin Square and eat on a bench in the shade. Delightful.

If you are ever in the area of K Street, between 14th and Vermont, visit the white Korean food cart. It is usually in the middle of the block and always on the north side of K.

I am biased, because I have probably enjoyed 50+ lunches here over the past couple of years. Mr. Suh is in that cart every day, and most of the time Mrs. Suh as well. There are about 8 options on the menu, each one of them delicious. The food is fresh, tasty, and inexpensive. I am partial to the vegetable mandu, which is a hearty "sushi"-esque roll of pickled vegetables end egg, and I have become addicted to their bibimbap.

Last week, the mobile Korean truck was at Franklin square, and there was a line 10 deep. A block away, the Suh's cart, which they have operated rain or shine for 3+ years in the same spot, had no line at all. They were very happy to see me, but they always seem genuinely happy to see everyone. This is as "mom and pop" an operation as it gets, and if you get a chance, check it out.