$20 Tuesday at Mi La Cay, Wheaton

DanielK

Do a search for Hung Phat asian market in Wheaton. Mi Ca Cay is right behind it, at the back of the parking lot.

Their address is 11315 Fern Street is in Wheaton. Fern Street is two blocks east of Georgia Ave and runs parallel to it The restaurant is just south of where Fern Street intersects University Blvd. Their telco number is 301 929 2822.

It was great finally meeting some of the people that I have been following here. The dinner last night at Mi La Cay was outstanding. I would have had to go back half a dozen times to try all the dishes we had last night. Some of my favorites were the two appetizers, in particular, the beef wrapped in grape leaves was very unusual and excellent. I also thought the papaya salad with the grilled shrimp was fresh, and spicy and crunchy. Both soups were very good, but my favorite was the roasted duck with the home style noodles. The broth alone was amazing. Of the main courses, i loved the grilled meats, the pad thai, and the pancake with the pork. All in all, it was a very enjoyable meal, looking forward to more!

It's easier to comment on something that already exists, than it is to produce something from scratch.

Shhhhhhh. Trying to haze the n00bs, silly. We tell everyone who hasn't been to an event before that they have to post first. Usually it works, but I guess my mojo was off this week.

susan was my lone victim participant so far - come on out of the woodwork, the rest of you! ;)