Deliverable Edibles Suitable for Valentine's

Ericandblueboy

It sounds stupid to say "pizza," but what are the very best pizza places that deliver to your area (even places way outside your area)? Especially if she has a particular pizza she likes from a certain place, that could be a good treat.

It sounds stupid to say "pizza," but what are the very best pizza places that deliver to your area (even places way outside your area)? Especially if she has a particular pizza she likes from a certain place, that could be a good treat.

We live in McLean. Nothing but chains around....I thought about order Lou Malnati's from Chicago...but that's too obvious for me and not for her.

I was half-tempted to post this in the Trite thread, but do you know about Edible Arrangements?

I've sent several as gifts to graduates, birthdays, etc. All have been well-received. However, the fruit is not organically grown which might be an issue for the oven bun.

As another option, you could create your own basket and have a delivery service drop it off.

(or skip valentine's day all together)

(and find a lovely hand basket on your way to hell)

(hell & a hand basket, get it?)

We live in McLean. Nothing but chains around....I thought about order Lou Malnati's from Chicago...but that's too obvious for me and not for her.

Well, if you are having "sympathy cravings," this 6 Lou Malnati's Pies for $99 deal might foot the bill (shipping included!). Otherwise, I've enjoyed trying out Vosges's Chocolate of the Month club. (sniffle, sniffle - all Chicago references here...)

We didn't get the Cookies on time (Fedex blamed the snow) and Uncle Chip's fully refunded my order without my asking. In additon, they're sending some fresh ones free. I had to post because this is exemplary customer service (unlike Fedex which gave my wife the runaround).

Good for Uncle Chip's. This is great customer service, and in a fun relationship (say, for example, a dutiful husband trying to lavish his pregnant wife who's craving chocolate chip cookies like they were lifeboats in a capsized ship), it really IS the thought that counts - the husband gets brownie points, the company generates goodwill, and the wife has a hidden reservoir of chocolate stashed away in the closet, so her physical needs will be met regardless. ;)

whoops!

While I'm sorry that it didn't work out exactly as planned, I'm happy that they resolved the matter. There is definitely something to be said for patronizing small businesses - the fact that they know that they need to keep customers happy

I hope your wife (and you!) enjoyed the cookies after all of that. I am crazy about them, and I'm not easily-pleased in the cookie department.