Chocolate for Dinner

Well, not literally, but my friend is having chocolate cravings, and we're trying to decide where to go for dinner. What Maryland or DC restaurant has particularly good chocolate desserts? I don't think she's willing to go as far downtown as CoCo Sala or ACKC to just hang out, though. Thanks.

...and she doesn't like molé, so no Mexican. I've tried that on her before.

Well, not literally, but my friend is having chocolate cravings, and we're trying to decide where to go for dinner. What Maryland or DC restaurant has particularly good chocolate desserts? I don't think she's willing to go as far downtown as CoCo Sala or ACKC to just hang out, though. Thanks.

...and she doesn't like molé, so no Mexican. I've tried that on her before.

Coming from where you're coming from, I vote Et Voila - both the profiteroles and chocolate mousse were terrific on my last visit there ... but you know that, since you were two tables down. ;) Don't forget BlackSalt (and their excellent pastry chef Susan Wallace) or Praline in Bethesda. Saturday evening I went to Grapeseed and had a fantastic apple fritter - I know that's not chocolate, but I specifically remember Jeff asking me "chocolate or not chocolate?" when I asked him to recommend a dessert (I said not chocolate).

Coming from where you're coming from, I vote Et Voila - both the profiteroles and chocolate mousse were terrific on my last visit there ... but you know that, since you were two tables down. ;) Don't forget BlackSalt (and their excellent pastry chef Susan Wallace) or Praline in Bethesda. Saturday evening I went to Grapeseed and had a fantastic apple fritter - I know that's not chocolate, but I specifically remember Jeff asking me "chocolate or not chocolate?" when I asked him to recommend a dessert (I said not chocolate).

We had the chocolate mousse at Et Voila last night and it will certainly appease any chocolate craving. Diners on either side of us had the profiteroles and were scraping the syrup off the plate after having finished every last bit of the dessert.