Barrio, 11th Street in Columbia Heights - Not Opening

At Don's recommendation, I am starting a thread on Barrio. I was previously the chef at Etrusco, and I am currently the chef at Local 16. We will be opening in Columbia Heights in the coming months. I do not have an exact opening date, but I am hoping it will happen before tomato season begins. Barrio will be a Spanish restaurant, but in a broad sense. The menu will be rooted in the food traditions of Spain and Latin America. The beverage program, which will be taken seriously at Barrio, will follow suit, but will also highlight well made American beers, wines, and spirits. The restaurant will be small, 30 seats including bar stools. I think that the wood burning grill will be the soul of our menu. I'm looking forward to smelling like wood smoke all summer.

Eric McKamey

At Don's recommendation, I am starting a thread on Barrio. I was previously the chef at Etrusco, and I am currently the chef at Local 16. We will be opening in Columbia Heights in the coming months. I do not have an exact opening date, but I am hoping it will happen before tomato season begins. Barrio will be a Spanish restaurant, but in a broad sense. The menu will be rooted in the food traditions of Spain and Latin America. The beverage program, which will be taken seriously at Barrio, will follow suit, but will also highlight well made American beers, wines, and spirits. The restaurant will be small, 30 seats including bar stools. I think that the wood burning grill will be the soul of our menu. I'm looking forward to smelling like wood smoke all summer.

Eric McKamey

Sounds great. Will this be the same owners as Local 16?