Bar Near Bethesda Metro

Tweaked

Meeting my brother tonight around 9pm for drinks & light dinner...need a bar/pub with in easy walking distance of the Bethesda Metro stop (like no more than 5 blocks).

Pub food, decent beer all pluses.

I've scrolled through the DR Dining Guide for Bethesda and the only place that seems decent is Black's Bar & Kitchen...I've never been, does it have a good bar area?

any other suggestions?

It has an excellent bar area, but make sure this is the type of pub fare you're looking for.

The Oyster Bar/Bar Menu would work...although that's the high end I'm looking for!

Low end would be cheesy Irish bar with pub menu...something in between would be perfect!

despite the lure of bangers & mash and ploughman's lunch, Union Jack's has been deemed unworthy by the gf (bad post-college memories or something)

The floor has been re-opened for suggestions. thx.

This will aid you in your search (p.s. may want to pass on Gator Alley).

How close is Tako Grill to the metro station? The bar has a nifty environment, a decent sake selection, and you could do OK with the grill item menu for small plates. They often play sports on the bar's TV.

They might close early on Mondays, though, a consideration if you're not getting together until 9:00.

That's not exactly pub food, though...and Japanese beer may not be your aim, either.