Slow Food DC Happy Hours

chaofun

Slow Food DC is starting a (hopefully) monthly Happy Hour. This month it's at Poste Brasserie:

Poste Brasserie

555 8th St. NW (btwn. E St. and F St.)

Tuesday, March 30, 6pm - 9pm

Bring your friends to Slow Food DC Happy Hour and enjoy $5 glasses of wine and beer and $5 plates of Poste's famed truffle fries, plus great company and a beautiful space.

This invitation is open to everyone, just show up!

The May happy hour is at 15ria:

15ria

1515 Rhode Island ave, Washington DC 20005

Tuesday, May 18th

6pm - 8pm

The restaurant is extending their happy hour discounts until 8 PM just for us, so we can enjoy their signature cocktail with fresh blueberries and mint and $5 menu specials all evening. Chef Janis McLean focuses on providing "fresh and honest" American comfort food with style. Everyone is welcome, so bring your friends, too!

As an aside....aren't 'slow food' and 'happy hour' kind of opposites?

Just nitpicking, carry on. :-)

Nope, in fact we're hoping to schedule a nudist fashion show next.

:lol:

(slow food is so often an ideal)

(not an every-moment possibility)

(hence the perceived-but-not-really-there disconnect)

The July Happy hour is at a DR.com favorite Eventide in Arlington!

Eventide

3165 North Wilson Boulevard

Arlington, VA 2220

July 8th, 5pm-10pm

Eventide was a semi-finalist for the best new restaurant award by the James Beard Foundation, and has been named as one of the area's best restaurants by Washingtonian magazine and the Washington Post. Bar manager Steve Warner makes many of their drink ingredients from scratch. Check out his seasonal menu selections:

http://www.eventiderestaurant.com/lounge.html

We hope to see you there!

Edited by goodeats
link edited per mdt's suggestion.

Bump... not sure if I'll make it, but thought others might like the reminder if they're in Clarendon this evening.

The July Happy hour is at a DR.com favorite Eventide in Arlington!

Eventide

3165 North Wilson Boulevard

Arlington, VA 2220

July 8th, 5pm-10pm

Such a great time tonight! Lots of Slow Food-ers, plus chaofun and jchao, scottmfleming +1, goodeats, Kmango, and I'm probably forgetting people. Thanks, Shaggy, for dropping by, and for the vinegar (which made it home sans incident, and didn't even drip on the wedding invitation I got from Scott!)

Also, the roof deck at Eventide is fanfreakingtastic as the sun goes down. They have shade, too, so you needn't wait til dusk even in this weather ... but man it is so perfect of an evening. Everyone should run there right now.

Such a great time tonight! Lots of Slow Food-ers, plus chaofun and jchao, scottmfleming +1, goodeats, Kmango, and I'm probably forgetting people. Thanks, Shaggy, for dropping by, and for the vinegar (which made it home sans incident, and didn't even drip on the wedding invitation I got from Scott!)

Also, the roof deck at Eventide is fanfreakingtastic as the sun goes down. They have shade, too, so you needn't wait til dusk even in this weather ... but man it is so perfect of an evening. Everyone should run there right now.

Second shout out to that deck. We learned that even on the hottest of muggy evenings, the placement of the building makes for a cooling breeze and surprisingly refreshing atmosphere. Believe this, not your thermometer, and zip up there soon.

(danke again)

(to those that posted this event)

(twilight at eventide...fitting!)

Second shout out to that deck. We learned that even on the hottest of muggy evenings, the placement of the building makes for a cooling breeze and surprisingly refreshing atmosphere. Believe this, not your thermometer, and zip up there soon.

(danke again)

(to those that posted this event)

(twilight at eventide...fitting!)

sounds great. I'll watch this space for the August one...

It's been a while but another Slow Food DC happy hour has been organized. This time in Md.

Thursday, September 30 · 6:00pm - 8:00pm

Jackie's Sidebar

8081 Georgia Avenue

Silver Spring, MD

The blurb:

Join us for our first Silver Spring happy hour at the recently opened

Jackie’s Sidebar (8081 Georgia Avenue, entrance on Sligo Ave, about 6

blocks from the metro). Featuring handcrafted cocktails, locally farmed

food, and a punch concocted specially for us, this is the perfect setting

to meet others in the area Slow Food community.

Neither I nor Jenna will be able to make it to this one, but some good Slow Food folks will be there.

BTW no registration is needed, just show up.

Edited by chaofun

October's happy hour will be at one of my top places in the area and a DR.com favorite, Radius Pizza!

Thursday, October 28 · 6:00pm - 8:00pm

3155 Mount Pleasant Street, NW

Washington, DC, 20010

For all of you that have not been, Chef Wiss always strives to feature fresh local and seasonal produce and offer it at reasonable prices. If you haven't been, you really ought to give it a go. There will be a handful of specials for this event TBD, I'll post them when I know. I'll also post the official blurb once it's ready. As usual there is no registration, just show up!