Tour Guide for Eden Center - Paid!

Ericandblueboy

I've wandered thru Eden Center on my own. There are pickles and condiments in the market that I know nothing about. There are gelatinous rice treats that I dare not try. There are take-out places with lots of great smelling food that I would like better explained. I'd like a better understanding of Vietnamese food and I think Eden Center is a good place to start. I'll pay $50 per hour for a guide. I only expect 2 hrs of work at most and I'll even buy drinks at one of those bars that's cranking out music at 10 a.m. on a Sunday morning. Incidentally, I think I'd like to take this tour either Sat or Sunday morning. Looking for a guide as well as anyone else who wants to explore and help defray the cost (I can pay for the guide but you can help chip in on the food and drinks).

My company intranet is blocking the ability to reply to PM's so I'll reply here to say I'd prefer the 25th at 1pm.

Great!

I think we got:

Sthitch

Kmango

KtMoomau and her man

Merry Marry

Me

What if we meet at the Seaside Crab House...we can get a beer (or a pitcher) and some spicy softshell crabs (or whatever V.H. recommends) at a not so seedy looking place to start the tour! I'd like to do some bahn mi tastings, and whatever else you guys are interested in.

Great!

I think we got:

Sthitch

Kmango

KtMoomau and her man

Merry Marry

Me

What if we meet at the Seaside Crab House...we can get a beer (or a pitcher) and some spicy softshell crabs (or whatever V.H. recommends) at a not so seedy looking place to start the tour! I'd like to do some bahn mi tastings, and whatever else you guys are interested in.

Sounds great. I've never done the tour guide thing before so please let me know what kinds of things you're interested in. In addition to the banh mi tasting mentioned above, I was thinking a stop at Thanh Son Tofu for a tofu tasting and to a couple of the delis to sample their prepared food offerings. The main problem I see us running into is that I think only one of the delis actually has anywhere for us to sit down and eat. I'll scope out the logistics before we get together.

Sounds great. I've never done the tour guide thing before so please let me know what kinds of things you're interested in. In addition to the banh mi tasting mentioned above, I was thinking a stop at Thanh Son Tofu for a tofu tasting and to a couple of the delis to sample their prepared food offerings. The main problem I see us running into is that I think only one of the delis actually has anywhere for us to sit down and eat. I'll scope out the logistics before we get together.

I think I'll bring a big bread knife and a cutting board so we can split things up. As for places to eat, I'm okay with sitting on the curb if it need be. The tofu tasting sounds good. I think the idea is to wonder around and we'll get whatever looks interesting to anyone in the group.

Great!

I think we got:

Sthitch

Kmango

KtMoomau and her man

Merry Marry

Me

What a great idea!!! Is it on the 25th @ 1pm?

I'm gonna sound like a douchebag but this event is no longer open. All invitees will receive a confirmation pm from me a week before the event. With sufficient interest, I think DR himself may lead one of these jaunts or he knows of others who would. My personal goal is to eat like it's a Bizarre Food episode and drink like it's No Reservation (which may not be your cup o' tea).

[There is no such thing as an "invitee" on this website - events are either open to everyone, or they must be organized privately.]

That was poorly worded. Invitee was the wrong word, I meant attendees. This was meant for a small group and we have reached capacity based on those who first expressed interest.

That was poorly worded. Invitee was the wrong word, I meant attendees. This was meant for a small group and we have reached capacity based on those who first expressed interest.

[Fair enough, and after all, you were the one who dreamed this up. It's also true that you posted this in "Help Needed" and not "Events and Gatherings."] Still, I fear many might be disappointed, because this really does seem like a fine idea. If anyone else wants to do something like this, just ping me and I'll try and set something up. Cheers, Rocks